Chapter 30: Alive

Lauren's POV:

"Lo, I'm so sorry! That was the worst Valentine's Day ever!" Camila says as we walk into our room. We just got home after spending all afternoon with our moms and Sofi. They stayed downstairs and we have to change clothes to go to dinner. "No, don't worry Camz please!" I reply and she lays on her bed. "I just wanted you to have the best Valentine's Day ever and I'm a lousy girlfriend and I'm sorry." She says holding her head. I sit next to her and put my arm around her shoulder. "You are the best girlfriend in the world and I'm so lucky to have you. Please don't be sorry, we can have our date anytime. I just want you to know how much I love and appreciate everything you do for us. I really do Camz." I say and softly kiss her lips. "I miss you, I miss this." She says staring into my eyes. "I know baby, me too." I tell her and kiss her lips again. I really do miss her with every inch of my body. I miss sleeping with her, feeling her body against mine, waking up to her beautiful face, being with her. I know our moms miss us, and I do appreciate the fact that they came all the way to L.A. to see us, but it sucks that I can't have both things, my family and Camila. "We should get ready. This is the last night we have to sleep apart." She says with her hand on my cheek. "Why don't we just tell them Camz?" I say impulsively and she frowns. "Are you serious?" She asks and I shake my head. "No, I don't know. I want to be able to be with you and with my family, but, you're right, we are not ready." I say getting up but she grabs my arm and sits me back down. "Lauren look at me." Camila tells me holding my face. "I love you more than anything in this world. I really do, and it kills me to keep this a secret, because to be completely honest I would love for everyone to know how happy you make me. One day we will be ready to come out, but right now I'm afraid I can lose you if we do that. I've always trusted you because I know you want what's best for me, but for once I'm going to ask you to trust me. The world isn't ready for us yet, and I literally couldn't stand losing you. Please be patient Lolo." She says staring deeply into my eyes. I nod biting my lip and she kisses me pulling me close. "I'm scared Camz." I say resting my forehead against hers. "Don't be." She says grabbing my hand and putting it against her chest. "Do you feel that?" Camila asks me and I nod feeling the fast beat of her heart. "That's what you do to me. You make me feel alive." She says smiling and I peck her lips. This girl drives me crazy, I never thought anyone could make me feel the way she does. "Lets get ready Camz, we don't want to keep them waiting." I say smiling and walk to my closet. Camila does the same, she takes of her shirt and throws it to the floor. Its crazy to think how someone so delicate and beautiful is also so messy. "I don't want to go." She groans shirtless and I hug her from behind. "Just think about the food baby." I say kissing her neck and she moans softly. "Don't do this to me Lo, not right now." She says putting her hands on top of mine. "I'm sorry." I whisper nibbling her ear and then let her go. "Sometimes I hate you, you know that?" She says putting on a buttoned shirt and a jacket and I grin. "I already said I was sorry." I say changing into a dress and she rolls her eyes smiling. "You can't really blame me for wanting to be with you babe, its your fault for being so lovable." I say giggling and she wraps her arms around my neck. "Maybe tomorrow, when we are all alone, we can finish what you started." She tells me and I nod kissing her lips. "Now lets go, lets do this for the food!" She says giggling and I peck her lips. Just one more night and she'll be all mine again, just one more night.

Camila's POV:

She's so sexy. I mean, look at her! Her perfect eyebrows, her porcelain pale skin, her luscious red lips, her beautiful smile, her soft chocolate hair and those mesmerizing green eyes. God, she's perfect. I don't even know for how long I've been staring at her across the dinner table, but I could do this forever, no doubt about that. "Camila? Camila? Camila!" I hear Sofi's voice bringing me back to reality. "Sofi has been calling you for the past two minutes Camila, what's going on?" My mom says frowning. "I'm sorry Ma, I'm sorry Sofi, I was just thinking about out tour." I lie faking a smile. "When do you guys leave? I'm so excited for you!" Lauren's mom says clapping. "Two weeks and we're out! And we're almost done with the album, so that's pretty cool." Lauren says nibbling a french fry. She's so adorable, I just can't stop looking at her. "I'm going to miss you Camila, I don't want to go home without you." Sofi says pouting and I hug her. "I'll miss you too boo, but I'll be home really soon. We're going to perform in Miami in a couple of weeks and I'll be able to stay home for a while." I tell her and she smiles. "You're a rockstar!" Sofi says giggling and I hug her again. "Maybe we could stay for a couple more days." Clara, Lauren's mom, says from the other side of the table. Lauren and I immediately look at each other. Fuck no, I love them to death, but I can't handle this any longer. "Sofi can't miss school anymore." My mom says and Lauren gives me a relieved look. "Well that sucks, doesn't it Laur?" Clara asks her and she nods. "Yeah, it does." She answers eating another fry. That was weird, why would she even ask her that? "Maybe I can stay on my own." Clara adds. "No! I mean, you wouldn't want to leave Taylor and Chris and dad alone any longer, right? I'm fine and I'll be home in just a couple of weeks. Besides you'll be bored on your own, we spend most of the day on the studio and then we just pass out until the next day." Lauren says nervously. She does that sometimes, talks too much when she's nervous. "Okay then." Clara answers looking at me. I smile, but there's definitely something on her mind.

The rest of our dinner was pretty boring. We got back home and directly went to bed. But I just can't fucking sleep. I keep looking over at Lauren's bed and she's sleeping like a baby, without me. I can't stop thinking about her. Why am I so into every little thing about Lauren Jauregui? Thinking about how tomorrow I can have her all to myself again makes me too excited, I guess that's probably why I can't sleep. I decide to go to the kitchen and pour myself a glass of milk, maybe that will help. When I get to the kitchen I realize Lauren's mom is there too. Now that's freaking odd. "Hey Camila, why are up?" She whispers. "I don't know, I just can't sleep." I answer taking the milk cardboard from the refrigerator. After a long silence I hear her voice again. "You make her happy." She says softly. "What do you mean?" I ask smiling. I really don't know what the hell is going on. "She has this sparkle in her eyes when she's in love, and I've seen the way you look at each other. Its like I've never seen her so alive. She loves hard Camila, please don't break her heart." Clara says staring into my eyes. "I don't know what---" I start saying but she interrupts me. "There's no point in lying to me Camila, just please don't break her heart." She says again and I nod. "I won't." I answer sipping on my milk. "And don't tell her I know, okay? She will tell me when she's ready, and maybe now isn't the best time." She adds walking out of the kitchen. Why is she so calm about this whole thing? "Take care of her while you're touring, make sure she doesn't lose who she is. It would kill me to see her turn into someone she's not. And take care of yourself too, okay? I know this is your dream, but remember you're just teenage girls." She adds leaning on the kitchen doorframe. "Of course, thank you Clara." I sigh and she gives me a weak smile. "I'm hopelessly in love with her and I would never, ever hurt her." I say and she smiles at me again. "Goodnight Camila." Clara says walking out of the kitchen, leaving me alone with my messed up thoughts.