Chapter 37: Better Together?

Lauren's POV:

I'm glad Camila finally trusts me. We need to stick together to get through this, I need her. She went to see who was knocking on the bus door a couple of minutes ago, when suddenly I hear screaming. "Camzi, who is it?" I say running towards the door and I see him. "I knew you had something to do with all of this, you piece of shit. What the hell are you really doing here?" She yells at him, but I hold her back before she punches him or something. "Camz calm down please!" I say hugging her. "I'm just here to apologize for being such a dick." He says with a smile and I let her go. "I don't believe you, you're lying." She says angrily. "Camila I swear I'm just here to say I'm sorry, I should've kept your secret." He says leaning again the door frame. "I used to think you weren't a part of this, but why would you come all the way to New York just to say you're sorry?" Camila says tightening her jaw. "Baby please calm down, we've already agreed he's not the one." I tell her holding her face. "Lauren you're not buying this, are you?" She tells me staring directly into my eyes. "I don't know Camzi." I answer staring at the floor. "Baby come on." She tells me and I sigh. "May I come in and explain myself?" He asks softly. I nod letting him in, I have no idea why, but I just know he's not the one making our lives a living hell. "I was a jealous pig, and I couldn't stand that you left me for Lauren, but what I did was horrible, and I just want you to forgive me, please?" He tells Camila, but she shakes her head. "I don't believe a single word that comes out of your mouth." She says crossing her arms. "Mila come on, I loved you, I still do, and if I can't have you, at least I don't I want you to hate me." He says staring directly into her eyes. I can tell he's being honest, and even though I hated him, I think Camila's being unfair. "Camz I think he isn't lying." "Why should I believe him Lauren? He already screwed us over once." She tells me and I hold my hand. "Because we already have enough to handle. Just trust me Camzi, we've already gone through this today." I say holding her face and after thinking about it she nods. "Okay Austin, just get out of here before I change my mind." She says and walks to her bunk. "Thank you Lauren, and I'm sorry again." He says when we're alone and starts walking towards the door. "You better be telling the truth Mahone." I say staring into he's eyes, and they're extremely pretty. "I better go, good luck, enjoy your night." He says with a smirk and leaves. Enjoy your night? Are you fucking kidding? Maybe its just a coincidence Lauren, you're paranoid. I hope I'm fucking right, if I'm not then Camila will never believe anything I say again. Suddenly I get a text.

From: Blocked Number

Don't fight ladies, there's no time for bitchiness. Oh, by the way, do you, by any chance, know any good video editing programs? I kinda need one.

This is too fucking much. This bastard is pushing me too far and I don't know how long it will be until I break down. I kind of already did on stage earlier. I have to do something about this.

Camila's POV:

We can't fucking trust Austin Mahone. I'm completely sure he's the asshole messing with us, I just know it. But after what happened with the sign earlier I have to trust Lauren if I don't want to ruin everything with her, or at least pretend that I do. I don't know, this whole experience has been exhausting and sometimes I think I'm too young to handle all of this pressure. I hope Lauren is right and he just wants to make things right, but I don't think that's his deal. After a while Lauren walks to my bunk and leans against the wall in front of me. "Hey Lo, did he leave?" I ask and she nods smiling. "I'm sorry I doubted you again, I just... I don't know, I'm having a hard time trusting people I guess." I say and she walks up to me. "But do you trust me Camz?" Lauren asks me with her hand on my cheek. "Of course I do Lolo, but I'm scared, what if some---" She suddenly shuts me up with a kiss. "Then that's all that should matter baby, I just want what's best for you, don't you ever forget that." She says and pecks my lips once more before the girls walk into the bus. Its amazing how much she can change my mood. I just went from being a freaking nervous mess to the calmest and happiest girl in the world. There's something so special about our connection, it's quite intriguing actually. "You're finally back, where did you have dinner? North Korea?" I ask and the girls giggle. "How are you doing Lo?" Dinah asks hugging her. "I'm okay D-Mac, and I wanted to apologize for that little scene." Lauren tells us with a weak smile. "It's okay Lolo, we have your back." Ally says cheering her up. I love these girls so much, its so nice to know I have four amazing girls taking care of me. Our relationship is almost perfect, and, we work so great together. We are, indeed, better together. "Actually girls I'm glad you're all here, there's something I need to talk to you about." Lauren says looking at the girls and then she sets her eyes on mine. "What's going on Lauren? Is everything okay?" Normani asks crossing her arms. "Not really." Lauren answers staring at me with her beautiful eyes, why didn't she tell me something was bothering her before? "I love you girls with all my heart, and that's why I decided this. I would never want to harm you, our what we have, because that's the most important thing in the world to me. That's why I've decided to go home, I can't finish this tour. I have to leave the group guys, for my health and yours." She says as tears run down her face.