Chapter 5: Rumors

*A week later*

Austin's POV:

Camila is so funny! We've been texting a lot lately and she's hilarious. And she's gorgeous too, I'd be so lucky to have her. But, I feel she doesn't like me as much as I do, I guess I'll have to make an extra effort on our next date. I go on Twitter to talk to some of my fans, and the rumours about me and Camila have been spreading really quickly. "I don't think Austin likes that annoying bitch, he's mine." "Camila is only trying to feed out of Austin's fame, poor baby!" "Guys, chill out, I'm sure Austin is into pretty girls, and Camila clearly doesn't qualify." Wow, this tweets are really hurtful, why do they hate her so much? They don't even know how down to earth and amazing she is. It breaks my heart to think she's reading any of this. I wonder what the Harmonizer are saying about me though, I bet they are just as mean. "Camaustin? Bitch please, Camren is the real deal." "I have nothing against Austin, but #Camren though..." "Camren4president, Camaustin sucks!" "Austin Mahone is so hot, but have you seen Lauren?" I'm so confused, who the hell is Camren? I look at the pictures and all I see is Lauren and Camila hugging. Camila+Lauren=Camren... I'm so slow! Is there something going on between those two? I look at Youtube vids and they're clearly really close, but why do they hold hands or look at eachother that way? Camila doesn't look at me like that. I don't know what's going on, I'll just ask her I guess.

Camila's POV:

This is been a horribly boring afternoon. Me and the girls are chilling in my room, Mani and Dinah are watching a Beyonce movie, Ally is texting someone, probably Troy, and Lauren is laying on her bed reading a book. She looks extra cute when she's focused. I've been laying next to Lauren on Tumblr for like an hour now, and I'm so bored! "Hey Lo?" I ask softly. She looks at me with sleepy eyes and smiles. "Can we do something fun? I'm bored out of my mind!" I say and she giggles. "You're always bored Camzi, what do you want to do?" She asks and puts her book away. "I don't know, something like this!" I jump on top of her and a tickle fight starts! I love to see her laughing. The other girls look at us weird, but I'm sure they're already used to our stupid fights. Now Lauren is on top of me and she holds my hands against the bed. "You lost Camzi!" She yells and kisses my forehead. My heart's rushing, and I have no idea why! Lauren finally gets off me and grabs her book again. "I hope you're not bored anymore." She tells me and winks. God damn it, her eyes are too much! I giggle and grab my phone, Austin had texted me.

From: Austin Mahomie :)

Hey Camila, are you busy right now? I need to talk to you about this whole Camren thing, I'm really confused.

What the hell? Why would he text me something like this? "Hey Lolo, check this out!" I show her the text and her eyes widen. "What... What? Did you tell him something Camz?" She asks, she looks so confused, and kind of pissed. "No, what would I tell him? I mean, I told him you are the best friend in the world and I would be nothing without you." I say and she smiles lightly at me. "Then I guess he's been looking at Camren videos and shit. You need to tell him there's nothing going on." She replies and looks back at her book. Lauren's right, there is nothing going on between us other than friendship. Even though I have these weird thoughts sometimes, we are just friends. "Okay, then I'll have to leave you guys for a while, I'll go meet Mahone and clear this whole thing up." I add and walk into the bathroom. Lauren must be feeling like shit, but its not her fault! The fans like to make things up. I need to have a boyfriend like a normal girl, I can't be single and a lip virgin forever. "Camren isn't real, we are just friends." I tell myself as I enter the shower and close me eyes under the hot water.

Lauren's POV:

Who the hell does he think he is? I hate Austin Mahone! Did he really just imply I'm a freaking lesbian or something? What the fuck dude? He doesn't even know me. I talked to him once, and he thinks he knows my story. I hate him! And I can't stand the fact that Camila likes him. And I can tell she really does! It sucks! But, I don't want to be selfish and ruin her fantasy. I know she's so happy with him, and her beautiful brown eyes sparkle when she talks about him. I guess I'll just have to let it be. Camila walks out of the bathroom after a while, it looks like she's been crying, but I can't really tell. "Hey guys, I need to change. Can you come back in like 10 minutes?" Camila says and Dinah, Mani and Ally stand up and walk towards the door. "Lauren, lets go!" Ally tells me. I chuckle. "I'm not going anywhere." I reply and lay on my bed. The girls roll their eyes and leave. I've been sharing a room with Camila for almost a year now, I don't have to leave like the others. "So, are you ready for this Camz?" She sits on her bed and looks at me smiling. But, its not her normal, "I'm happy" smile. She looks broken, and I don't know how to fix her. "Yeah, we'll just go to Starbucks and I'll clear this whole mess up." She finally replies and then starts picking out clothes. She puts on a pair of jean shorts, a white crop top, and black Converse. She looks amazing. "No bow today?" I ask her and she laughs. "I was thinking about mixing things up a bit." She answers and winks at me. Camila makes me smile everytime she looks at me, I can't describe how she makes me feel. "Well, I better get going then." She says and starts walking to the door. "Wait, Camila!" I run to her and give her a big hug. "Good luck, I'm sorry I'm the one who put you in this mess." "Don't worry about it Lo, you're the best!" She smiles and walks out the door. I'm alone at my room and I start crying like a freaking baby. I hope everything works out for her, but I also want her to be by my side forever. Is Camren real? Our friendship clearly is, but sometimes I want more.

Camila's POV:

I took a cab to the nearest Starbucks and I've been waiting for Austin for like 10 minutes. Where the hell is he? I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up. Austin is behind me and he looks extra cute today. He's wearing a plaid shirt, blue jeans and a black snapback. This dude knows more about fashion than I do. "Hey beautiful, sorry I'm late!" He says, kisses my cheek and sits on the chair infront of me. "Its okay." I say politely and smile. "How have you been?" He asks me. Why is he making small talk? I'm here because we need to talk about serious stuff. "What did you see Austin?" I cut him off and go straight to buisness. He smiles uncomfortable, I guess he has never seen me being serious before. "Well, I watched a couple of videos, you know like fan made videos, and I don't know Camila... Do you like me?" He asks shyly and after a couple of seconds I nod. "Then why don't you look at me the way you look at Lauren?" He finally spills out and I sit there speechless. "I just..." Words don't come out of my mouth. I think for I couple of seconds, I remember about every little moment me and Lauren had, her eyes, her beautiful laugh, her soft hands. What am I doing? I'm here with Austin freaking Mahone, and I'm thinking about my best friend. I need to be a normal girl, I can't let this opportunity go. "Look Austin, Lauren has been there for me when no one else has, she makes me feels special, she makes me laugh when I'm about to cry, she just gets me. But, we are just best friends. I like boys, and I like you! So, if we can put this behind us that'd be great." I end up saying and smile. He grins and nods, why is he so cute? "Then you won't mind if I do this." He says and leans over to kiss me. Fuck, is this about to happen right now? Holy shit, what do I do? I close my eyes and hope for the best, I hope I'm not too horrible. His hand holds my face and our lips crash. He's doing it, Austin Mahone is freaking kissing me! "Look, its Austin and Camila!" I hear someone scream and we look at eachother uncomfortably. He laughs and gives me a little peck on the lips. "Lets get out of here gorgeous, I don't want you to get hurt." He grabs my hand and walks me to his car. He has a black Range Rover, I like it! But, did I like the kiss? How could I know? I can't compare it with anything. I walk into his car and we sit there in silence for a minute or two. The second we look at eachother we start making out again. This is so much better than the first time, his tounge finds its way into my mouth and his hand is touching my waist. I think I really like this. I feel my phone buzz and I push Austin gently. "What happened?" He asks breathing hardly. "Just a second." I tell him smiling and look at my phone.

From: Lolo!

Hey Camz, I hope everything worked out and you're having a good time. I'm sorry I started this whole thing, it was stupid. I love you baby, I'm always here for youuu<3

"What is it?" Austin asks biting his lip. "Nothing, just the girls." I answer smiling and then we continue with our make out session. He starts grabbing my leg, and I freak out. "Can you take me home?" I ask pushing him away and smiling like an idiot. "Of course." He answers and winks at me. My heart is beating fast and my hands are sweaty, I can't believe this just happened. He drives me home and on the way we talk about stupid things. I'm so atractted to him, I don't know how that happened. When we get to the hotel he parks infront of it and we sit in silence. "Hey Camila?" I look into his beautiful eyes. "Do you want to, you know..." He starts mumbling. I laugh softly and he takes a deep breath. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He finally says and smiles nervously. "Of course!" I reply smiling and I kiss him one more time. Then Lauren's face comes to my mind, she's smiling and her emerald eyes are staring deep into mine. I push Austin from me and smile trying to hide my thoughts. "I better go now, the girls must me worried." I say and start getting off his car. "Thank you for everything today Camz, I had a great time! Can I call you Camz?" He asks smiling. "I like Mila better." I smile and leave his car. Only Lauren can call me Camz, she's special to me. I walk into the elevator and smile remembering the amazing day I just had, I can't wait to tell the girls.

Lauren's POV:

I've been thinking about Camila non-stop. I hope everything worked out for her and she's having fun. I hate to be the one who put her in this mess on the first place. I never thought people would think we are a couple or something, I guess everything got out of hand. But, I got to admit, a tiny part of me is glad Austin knows how important I am in Camila's life.
The girls have been chilling in our room all day, everything is so boring without Camila's weirdness. "Oh my Gosh, guys check this out!" Dinah screams. She hands me her phone and see a tweet. "We need to kill that bitch right now!" I read the caption out loud and then open the picture. My jaw drops. Camila and Austin kissing. Oh my God, she's going to die when she finds out. Suddenly the door nob turns and Camila walks in with a huge smile on her face. "Honey I'm home!" She says jumping around like a little rabbit. "You guys won't believe what happened today..." Camila starts telling us excitedly. "Mila, we know..." Ally interrupts her and she looks at us with a confused look on her face. I hand her Dinah's phone and her eyes get teary immidiately. "We need to kill that bitch right now..." She reads the caption out loud and her eyes widen. "How did this happen?" Her voice cracks and tears run down her cheeks. "Everyone's going to think I'm a gold digging whore!" She cries and I run to her and give her the biggest hug in the world. She lays her head on my shoulder and I feel her heart beating fast as hell. "Its okay baby, shh. Everything is going to be okay." I tell her running my fingers through her hair. "You are beautiful Camz, and so damn special. No one is going to think that of you because that's not who you are. Look at me baby, you are amazing and worthy of so much love and great things." I tell her holding her face and then I hug her again. "I'm here for you at any moment of the day, I'll always be by your side Camzi, please know that." I finish saying and I feel her heart beat slow down. "Thanks Lolo." She whispers in my ear sending shivers down my spine. The other girls join us for a hug. "We love you Mila, you are amazing." Dinah says and Ally and Normani nod smiling. "Thank you guys." Camila answers wiping the tears off her face and trying to smile. I hate to see her like this, and I hate Austin for being partially responsible. After a while the girls left and I'm all alone with Camila again. She's laying on her bed smiling at her phone, at least she's not sad anymore. I'm in my bed reading my book, but for some reason I can't focus. "Hey Camz, you haven't told me about the date with details yet." I tell her putting my book down. She puts her phone away and throws herself on top of me. She gets into my bed and lays next to me with her head on my shoulder. I love the smell of her hair so much. "I don't know what to do Lauren, I'm freaking the hell out." She says and starts playing with my hand. "Why? What happened?" I ask looking at her beautiful lips, why do I keep doing that? "Okay, so I waited like 15 minutes for him to arrive. When the little diva finally did he said hi, and asked me about my day and I was like "Dude, what the hell? Can we just go straight to the freaking point?" As you can probably tell I was a little bit nervous." I can't help but laugh a little, she's so freaking cute! "I'm sorry, please continue." I tell her giggling and she looks at me wrinkling her nose. "Are you making fun of me Jauregui?" She jumps on top of me and starts tickling me. "Oh, this is a war you don't want to start Cabello." I tell her laughing and tickling her. "Lauren, please stop! Ahhh! God, Lauren stop it!" She yells laughing. I love to see her smile. "Okay, but shut up! People are going to think we are having kinky sex." I tell her and she cracks up. "Oh you wish!" She says winking at me and she finally gets off me. "Now, can you continue with your story?" I ask her and she nods laying next to me again. "Okay, I'm sorry! So, he looked so hot today, I don't know what he did. He asked me if I liked him and I told him I did, even though I was kind of lying, but whatever..." I don't get it, does she like him or not? "And then he asked me why didn't I look at him the way I look at you, and Lo I didn't know what to say. I was literally speechless. So I told him we were really good friends, but that was it." Is it really? I don't know how to feel about this whole thing. I look at her beautiful eyes and I can tell she's really happy right now, and that should make me happy, right? "And then he leaned for a kiss and I didn't know what to do, and it sort of happened." She says giggling. "So, how was it?" I ask and she lifts her eyebrows. "I don't know, awkward I guess... Then we heard someone screaming our names, so he took me to his car and we started making out there and this time there was a lot of tongue involved. But when he started touching my leg I freaked out and asked him to take me back to the hotel." "You are such a weirdo..." I tell her laughing and she pouts. "I know, I guess I'm not ready for that sort of stuff yet. And I haven't told you the most important part yet... He asked me to be his girlfriend." She says staring deeply into my eyes, my heart is racing. "So, what did you say?" I ask her impatiently. Am I about to hear something I clearly don't want to? "Of course I said yes! And I'm so happy Lo, but his fans hate me so much, I'm scared." She says pouting and I see a tear run down her pink cheeks. Am I going to lose my best friend? If she only knew how scared I am too. "Once they get to know you I'm sure they'll love you Camz, you are way too lovable!" I tell her and she smiles. "Thank you Lauren, I love you!" She says and kisses my cheek. "I'm going to sleep, I'm so tired." I hear her say and she goes to her bed. The lights turn off and I feel a single tear run down my face. Why am I feeling this? I should be happy for my best friend, but I'm heart broken. She can never find out though, I have to pretend I'm happy for her. "Hey Lo, nothing is going to change between us, okay?" I hear Camila say with her sleepy voice. "I hope so..." I whisper and close my eyes, softly crying myself to sleep.