pack your bags, kid

Chapter 7: pack your bags, kid

____________________________________________

Well...... Needless to say my parents got the promotion. So I'm packing my bags right now....

So far, my bed, dresser, drawers, and desk are in the moving truck. My shoes, photos, and other stuff are packed up. All I need to pack is the rest of my clothes and I'm done.

"Close! You fricking piece of crap!" I yelled at the luggage.

"Move", my dad said, closing the bag easily.

"H-h-how'd you do that?" I stuttered, pointing to the luggage.

He just chuckled and said," Marisa, I've been doing this for a long time".

I just stared at the luggage that I've been trying to close for 15 minutes.

"Wow", I said plainly, walking over to bring it downstairs. He just chuckled and left with me. I stopped right at the door that let's me into my room. My now empty room. The neon green walls and pink ceiling was now bare of everything. The floor had no more rugs or stuff on it. Everything looked so dull and lifeless...... Well.... Besides the colors....

"Come on, Marisa! We are gonna miss the plane, and you have to get settled in!" My mom yelled up to me.

"Whatever!" I yelled back, honestly not caring. I mean, the school I'm going to now is still on break, so..... Yeah.

I don't care!

"Marisa Emily Blake! Get down here this instant! Or you are going with us!" My mom demanded.

Ew! I thought. I don't want to go there!

So Iran down as fast as I could and got into my car. Just as I put the key in, my mom got in. (Keeping in mind. I'm 16. I can only drive with an adult.)

"Alright. Just follow the moving truck", my mom said plainly.

"Ok" I grumbled, following the stupid truck that will be bringing me to the stupid state.

-----------

"This is unfair. Why do you get to keep the car?" I whined.

A couple minutes after we started driving, we were arguing over who would keep the car. Since we are both used to winning arguments, we were fighting for, like, 2 hours, and now my mom has had enough, saying she's taking it with her.

"Honey! I bought it! It's mine!"

"It was my birthday present!"

"The Walkers will let you use their cars I'm sure. Meanwhile, we won't have any."

"It was my god damn BIRTHDAY PRESENT MOM!"

"Marisa Emily Blake! Language!"

"Whatever"

"Marisa!"

"What?!?"

"Deer!"

"I said what!?!"

"No! Deer! There's a deer! On the street!" she yelled. When I turned to look at the street, I, indeed, saw a deer. I hit the brakes as soon as I saw it. The deer just stood there looking like a lost puppy. I honked the horn and then the deer ran away.

"Oh my goodness!" My mom said as I said, "what the hell?!?"

"Marisa! What did I say about your language?" My mom scolded.

"Sorry", I muttered, rolling my eyes.

-------------------

We drove for another couple hours, until we both decided we should stop for fuel for the car, and food for us.