What aren't you telling me?

So thankfully there wasn't any drama for the rest of the day, and we just finished our graduation.

I was drinking some punch with Alex, when a random guy came running in our direction and ended up making Alex and me spill our drinks all over ourselves.

I was walking down the gravel road over to the busses, when someone hugged me from behind and covered my eyes. "Who is it?" I asked with a laugh.

"Guess" the guy said in an unfamiliar voice, probably to hide who it really was. I huffed out a breath playfully, complaining jokingly how that involves brain work. The guy chuckled and I was amazed at his laugh. It was the most beautiful and amazing laugh I've ever heard.

Still I puckered my lips in thought and cocked my hip to the left side, bending my right leg. "Hmmmmm" I said, poking my chin lightly with my pointer finger. "I'm guessing it's..... Austin?" I said in an unsure voice. The unfamiliar voice chuckled his musical chuckle, before letting me go and turning me around.

"Nope, pretty sure my name isn't Austin..." Daniel said with a small chuckle. I smiled at him uncontrollably, and chuckled at myself.

"Wow. I didn't expect it to be you" I said, looking at him with a look of surprise.

He chuckled, and looked into my eyes with amusement. "So then who's this Austin?" he said with a raised eyebrow.

"My boyfriend" I said, liking how it sounded when I said it.

"Nice.... Wel-" he started, but was interrupted by someone grabbing me the waist from behind and twirling me around.

I started laughing as soon as I saw Austin's face as he twirled me around. "Stop it, Austin!" I laughed out.

"Ok ok", he said with a sad voice, before putting me down. I chuckled and kissed Austin's cheek making him smile, but then turned back over to face Daniel which made Austin stiffen.

"Hey, babe? Who's this?" Austin said, grabbing me by the waist and pulling me back to him possessively.

"This is Daniel. One of my new friends. He transferred totbis school today" I said, turning my head slightly towards Austin so that both boys were in my vision. Austin was glaring at Daniel and Daniel was smirking at Austin like Austin was a little boy giving him a death stare.

"And I'm taking a lucky guess that this is your boyfriend?" Daniel said to me sarcastically. I nodded and and rolled my eyes at both of them.

"Austin, could get the death grip off of me? It's not like he's going to kidnap me" I said, trying to pry his hands off my waist.

"Oh. sorry" Austin said, loosening his grip and hugging me around the waist instead, making me roll my eyes at him.

After a couple minutes of just standing there, not knowing what to say, Daniel coughed and Austin shifted awkwardly. "So, um.... I'm gonna go now. See ya tomorrow Marissa" Daniel said as he put his hands in his pockets and walked off.

As soon as he was far enough away so he couldn't hear us, Austin twirled me around with lightning fast speed and made me face him, our noses touching. "I don't want you to be by him. At all" Austin said with a slight growl in his voice.

"Woah there, baby. I didn't know you were possessive" I said, surprised. Austin's forehead made a frown and he looked at me with mysteries eyes.

"Just please don't get attached to him" he said, hugging me into his chest.

"I won't let him, Austin. Calm down, please" I said rubbing his back. He nuzzled his head into my neck and nodded.

"Thank you" he said to me softly. At that I made a weird face.

"Thank you for what?" I asked him with a confused voice. He pulled away from me and looked at me. his beautiful ocean blue eyes piercing into my brown ones.

"Staying away from him" he said with a weird look on his face.

It was like a face of...

Recognition....

"Austin?" I said, making him raise an eyebrow in response, his way of telling me to continue. "Do you know Daniel?" I asked him, making him do a double take at me.

"Um...." Austin said, scratching the back of his head.

"The truth, Austin" I said, putting my hands on my hips and raising an eyebrow.

"Yes..." he said, making me raise my other eyebrow.

"How?" i asked him.

"That doesn't mat-"

"How?"

"Babe, I don-"

"How?!"

"I can't tell you!" he yelled at me, making people by us stare at us.

"Whatever" I said and gave him a look as I started to walk away.

"Wait! Marissa!" Austin said, running after me. But even though he said to wait, I just kept walking. "Marissa, please!" he said, finally catching up with me and grabbing my shoulder.

I huffed and stopped walking, turning around to face him. "What?" I said annoyed. Austin sighed and looked over at me with pleading eyes.

"Marissa I would tell you if I could but I seriously can't tell you. You would get hurt if I said anything" he said, but whispered the last sentence.

I sighed and looked over to him in defeat. "I'm sorry, Austin. I'm being such a bitch to you."

He chuckled in relief and looked at me with a smile. "It's ok, Marissa."

"No, it's not. You deserve some space" I said to him. He smiled at me sincerely.

"Just.... promise me that you won't keep anything bad from me. ok?" I asked.

"Ok" he said after a couple minutes of hesitation.