my "daughter"

Chapter 8: my "daughter"

________________________________

I started to follow Austin down the hallway. He wasn't talking to me or looking in my direction. It was getting annoying. We kept on walking down numerous hallways until we got to the kitchen. When we got there, everyone was already there.

"Well. It looks like you found her", Mrs. Walker said. "Where was she?"

Austin smirks,"in the workout room" he said, finally looking at me, but only for 2 seconds before looking away.

"The workout room?" Mrs. Walker gasps. "What were you doing in there?"

Austin smirked, probably remembering the punching bag that I broke. "Um.... I was working out with the punching bag, jump ropes, and some other stuff, and then Austin found me" I said, not saying anything about the punching bag being broken.

"She has really strong punches and kicks" he snickers.

I gave him a death glare, but not the one that would make people shut up, just the type that means you're in trouble.

"Well! I always wanted a girl, with the strength of a man!" Mr. Walker said. Putting his hand out so I could fist-bump him. I fist-bumped him and laughed. He's really tall, with raven black hair and emerald green eyes. Mrs. Walker is a blond with electric blue eyes. Mr. Walker is really (and I mean really) built. Mrs. Walker looks like a model. Mr. Walker looks handsome, but looks mostly like a boxer.

"I always wanted a girl. No offense boys" Mrs. Walker said, hugging me.

"Well... Since I'm pretty much permanently living with you guys. I guess you could say I'm the little girl you guys always wanted", I said shrugging.

Mrs. Walker hugs me tighter and whispers," thank you" in my ear.

I chuckle and say, "no problem, Mrs. Walker".

"You know what I'm gonna do?" Mrs. Walker said when we were all done eating, "I'm gonna spoil you! Come on Marisa! Get in my car! We are going shopping!" She squealed excitedly. I kind of like shopping, so I was ok with it, but I didn't really go shopping. I never really liked to. Obviously she loved it, and I can tell that non of the boys ever go shopping with her.

"Ok. Let me go get my wallet", I said, but then I felt a hand grab my arm.

"Nonsense! You're my little girl! I'll buy everything!" Mrs. Walker said.

"I can't let you do that", I said sounding guilty.

"Oh, yes you can! Now let's go!" Mrs. Walker squealed dragging me away.

~~*~*~~

We got to a mall that was called 'Arizona Skys Mall'. When we got to the mall my jaw dropped.... Literally. The place looked amazing. It was almost as big as the mall of America!

It was 3 stories high and really long! I bet you if there was just one more store attached it would beat the mall of America out.

"This is where you go shopping!?!" I said excited.

"I knew you would love it! Your mom and I would go here all the time when we were your age", she said. To be honest. Mrs. Walker didn't even look her age. She looked like she was 20, not 40. She could have passed off as my older sister for god sakes. It's probably because of all her make-up.

"So.... Where do we start?" I said cheerfully.

"How about Aeropostale?" She said with a smirk. I nodded and we went to the store.