⑴ asahi azumane

3:43am.

A loud crackle was heard outside and you immediately flinched from the noise. Followed by the thunder was lightning and the whole room was lighted up for a second.

Your breathing hitched and you were shaking. The strong droplets of rain was pattering on the roof. It made your heart thump loudly inside your chest, making it a bit hard to breathe. It was cold but you started to sweat.

You jumped when you felt something shift behind your back. You slowly looked back to see Asahi's back facing yours. You turned your head away and gulped slowly.

Asahi was a bit of a heavy sleeper and you thought that he was lucky. But you? You're a light sleeper. Just a little bit of noise would or could wake you up.

But this time, it was the storm outside that didn't let you sleep. Normally, the rain could keep you up for about 8-10 minutes. Unfortunately, the storm woke you up at 2am.

At first, it was just lightning and just the soft pitter patter of the rain. So, you tried to keep your eyes shut. But then, the rain started to get worse and thunder could be heard. And then, the lightning was followed by another lightning. The rain got heavier and made loud noises when it hit the roof.

You hugged your knees beneath the covers, and buried your face on your knees.

Suddenly, a very loud crackle of the thunder made you whimper a bit loud and tears slowly trickled in your eyes. And so, you shut your eyes tightly; hoping the rain would go away.

But the rain just got a lot worse. Heavy droplets pattered on the roof, thunder was followed by a lightning, then another thunder came up. That's when your tears started to fall and you tried to sniffle quietly as you can.

On the other hand, Asahi woke up not long ago from the loud thunder. He blinked a few times before deciding to call you out but he stopped when he heard whimpering from behind. He turned on the other side; to where you are laying.

"(Y/n)?" he softly called out.

The lightning from outside went on after the other one, it helped Asahi to see in the dark. He saw your curled up figure and the covers were crunched up with you. He sat up and looked over you.

Another lightning struck and he saw your face perfectly. Your eyes were shut tightly, tears were streaming down endlessly, and small whimpers were coming out of your mouth. You didn't seem to notice him and he placed a hand on your waist.

You jumped from the sudden warmth that enveloped your waist. You shifted your head to the side, when a lightning came up, you saw Asahi softly smiling down at you. Your heart calmed from the sight of him and you turned immediately to hug him. He fell back and you were hugging him tightly.

You buried your face on his bare chest and softly inhaled his scent. His heart raced from the sudden action but he let you since it helped you calm down a
lot. He then carresed his hand on your hair up and down and that helped return your heart to the normal beat.

He continued in doing this when he suddenly felt soft breathing from you. He looked at your figure once again and a small smile curved onto his lips. He placed both of his arms on you as if protecting you from the storm, to which honestly, made you feel safer.

He was about to fall asleep when he heard you mumble his name.

"Asa..hi.."

He wasn't ready for the sneak attack, so his heart thumped fast. After a few seconds, he started to fall asleep while his chest thumped wildly and an unintentional small smile brought up to your lips.

•••••••••

I wrote this at like 2:30am and it's raining heavily a bit outside. The rain inspired me to write this story. Hoped you enjoyed it and sorry if it was crappy!

Sorry if there were grammatical errors, missing letters, missing words, and misspelled words.

-zel