Nijimura x Reader

I don't get it. Why does so many girls like Nijimura so much?

Actually I get it. He is generally good person, maybe that's why.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Nijimura Shuzo is your friend from grade school. You owe a lot to him, because he taught you so many things.

He was your tutor for math, chemistry and physics. For all you know, you could've failed if it wasn't for the extra lessons you've had with him.

Since your father trusts the guy so much, you were given the permission to spend the night at his place in return for good grades.

Because of the fact that you're always with him both at school and at home, everyone around you thought you were dating.

Secretly you had your hopes up, expecting that someday he'll come to realize that you suit each other very well.

But that day never came.

A few days after the end of your second year, the raven-head approached you without his usual smirk plastered on his face.

"(Y/n) we need to talk." He paused and looked at his feet before speaking again, "I'm leaving for America after this."

You felt a hundred boulders falling on you at once, tears slowly fell from your eyes.

You knew it was because of his father and you knew the time will come when he had to leave you for his family.

But you never actually thought that day would come so soon. He approached you with caution, not wanting to do anything that would hurt you even more.

The young man then wrapped his arms around you, pulling you to a tight hug. "I'll come back after a while. So stop crying." He commanded in a gentle way.

You could only nod. The raven-head knew about your feelings for him, though unsure, he only had a hunch about it.

----

It's been five years since he made that promise and he hasn't returned yet.

Sure he sent you more than a few letters and emails, but you still preferred his presence above all those.

Taking the most recent letter out of the mail box, you stuffed it inside your shoulder bag and headed out.

You planned to go to your University early that day to decide what you will take as your major in college.

Boarding the bus you sat at the second seat at the back, not noticing a person with a scarf covering half his face looking at you.

Half an hour later, you dropped off and headed straight for the University entrance, the person from the bus following not so far behind you.

You went to the bulletin board outside the main building and scanned it for the course they offered.

You just want to make sure that whatever it is that you want is really being taught in the University.

"So I'll be taking (Course Name)." you whispered as you tapped your finger over the part of the bulletin where you saw its name.

"I'm sure Shuzo would want me take this up. He knew I really wanted this when I was young." You said with a smile.

"But I said the military would suit you much better." You heard a masculine voice say from behind you.

Quickly recognizing who it belonged to, you spun around with tears flowing from your eyes.

"Hey, you were already crying before I left." He said with a bit of a scowl. "Why the heck are you crying again?"

"I'm sorry!" was all you could say as you pulled him for a hug. You wanted to hug him for so long. "I just... I missed you so much!"

He smiled and hugged you back, "Well I'm back. Sorry it took a little longer than I promised." He said in whisper.

You pulled away and wiped the tears away from your eyes.

You really missed staring at his handsome face. You feel so proud that you're actually the only girl who gets to see him so close.

"So uhh, when are you returning to the States?" you asked, trying to hide the sadness.

But Nijimura saw through this and he quickly leant in to kiss your lips.

You were both blushing when he pulled away. "What are you talking about, you idiot?" he then flicked your forehead like he used to.

"I am never leaving again." He said then flashed his University registration card to your face.

==========
It wasn't raining like they said it would.

But it was a little colder than most days. And I never saw the sun.

I think I'll sleep a little bit more.

#ivannaaberdeen