Akashi x Reader III (Never)

“Look at that girl. Who does she think she is?”

“She’s always with Akashi-sama.”

“What are they to each other anyway??”

Those are the common things you hear whenever you pass by the hallways of Rakuzan High.

Girls are jealous over the fact that you’re always tagging along the emperor. But it’s not your fault you had horrible grades in (Worst subject).

Your academic standing is above average, except for that one subject that you really hate. You’re pretty sure it hates you back.

Being his middle school classmate, you knew the red-head pretty well. You also know how he turned from a sweet prince to a cold tyrant.

Because of his sudden change, your once blooming love for him suddenly withered before it could blossom.

Not that you hated him, but it hurts when he said, “You will be nothing but a hindrance to my performance. I suggest you leave.”

You did, without hesitation. If that’s what he feels then you had no choice. But you still went to Rakuzan despite knowing he will be attending the school.

“(Y/n) have you eaten you meal?” he asked with a gentle tone. You looked up at him and nodded before opening your notebook.

It has been a while since he returned to normal, but your friendship with him did not. All that mattered to you was to get everything over with.

“I need to get home early because no one would take care of my brother.” You said, turning the page to the most recent lecture. “So let’s just do this.”

Akashi does not like the idea that you treat him as a stranger. He knew it was his fault. He stopped your hand and you looked at him.

“Is it alright that we talk about us for now?” he asked with a hesitant smile, as if hiding his own pain.

“What do you mean us?” you asked, raising your brows. You remember confessing to him back then, but there never existed a relationship.

“Do you hate me?” he asked.
You shook your head and smiled. “I can never.” You then looked to the side. “But I don’t think being close to you again is a great idea.”

The red-head let your hand go and scratched the back of his head. “You do hate me.” He said with a hurt smile.

You stood up and slammed your hands on the table. “No I don’t, Akashi-kun! I just don’t like it when those girls glare at me because I’m always with you!” you admitted.

“I hate THEM! Not you!”
He was shocked but his face lit up with elation. “You used to ignore them back then.” He said with a smile. “You were so brave.”

You sat back down and picked the notebook up, along with a (Worst Subject) book. “That was then, when I thought I’ll always have you by my side.”

Finally the truth comes out. You had a sorrowful look in your eyes as Akashi slowly took in what you said. “When you pushed me off, everything changed.”

You then brought your things back to your bag. He was the last person you’d want to know about the pain he caused you. But you said it.

“Anyway, thanks for teaching me.” You said and stood up, walking away from the red-head.

Just when you were about to exit the room, you felt a strong pair of arms wrap around your body, pulling you onto a hard chest.

“Let me show you how much I regret my actions.” He said, squeezing you tightly.

You were too shocked to move or to speak. You were utterly frozen in his embrace.

“You had me from the beginning.” He said and kissed the top of your head. “Losing you was painful but I was too self-assured to let you know. I always thought you can’t leave me.”

When you relaxed, you hugged him back, “Your opinion matters most. And for me, whatever you say goes.” You answered.

He smirked and kissed your neck making you yelp. “What was that for?!” you asked, still feeling the lingering warmth of his lips.

“I dread losing you. Please, stay with me, (Y/n). I love you.” he said, kissing your hand.

“No! Your fangirls are gonna kill me!” you rejected and drew away only to be pulled back in his arms.

“You are never losing me again. Never.” He assured you before letting you go.

For a moment you contemplated but then hesitantly kissed his lips.

“Okay then.”
———————

I’m exhausted.

Is anyone even reading this?

Anyway I’m heading to bed… Goodnight

11:14pm and it is noisy outside.
#ivannaaberdeen