Nijimura x Reader III (Self-defense)

This is another long one…
——————————————

You had the reputation of being a princess in your school. Being the daughter of a well-off politician you were always protected by body guards.

It seemed as though you did not know how to do anything but in reality you were quite capable of managing on your own.

You trained yourself to cook, wash and mend clothes, do carpentry and crafting. You even knew self-defense, but didn’t let your father know.

Envious girls bullied you and perverted boys flirted with you, however, because of your guards, you never got the chance to defend yourself.

Despite being wealthy, you were actually pretty chill, like a female version of Kuroko. You looked quite innocent and this gave off the impression that you were naïve.

One of your hobbies is to watch the basketball practice from the second floor. You do that to avoid making the atmosphere awkward. You even met the head coach a few times while you’re there.

“Hey, (L/n)-chan did you find any of my boys attractive?” coach Shirogane asked as he stood beside you. “I can play matchmaker for you.” He joked followed by a hearty laugh.

You let out a shy smile, “I don’t think that’s a good idea, Sir.” You answered. “Although I won’t deny that one of them has caught my attention.”

The man was surprised to hear you admit it but didn’t really mind. “I guess you’re already at that age. Children grow up so fast.” He commented like a father speaking to his child.

“You can be melodramatic sometimes, Sir.” You said with an awkward smile. “I only mentioned that one of them caught my attention. I don’t think it’s anywhere near attraction.”

The old man sighed and shook his head. “If you keep acting like that, you will never get yourself a man.” He retorted.

“Ouch, indeed.” You answered with a giggle.

Soon after, the training began and a man in dark hair came walking to the center of the court, calling the attention of the others as he did.

The man was none other than Nijimura Shuzou, the captain of the basketball team. Before he began lecturing, he gazed to the second floor where you and the coach were standing, as if knowing that you were there.

You stiffened when your eyes met his ever so serious ones. He always had that air of authority in his aura and it was intimidating. You admired that.

“So you like Nijimura.” The old coach said with a low tone as he nodded at young man below, signaling him to start the practice.

You scratched your head and laughed reluctantly. “Ah, I think interested is the more appropriate word, Sir.” You answered.

You and coach Shirogane watched the practice for almost an hour when you decided to head home. It was getting late and your parents would panic again if you don’t come home before sundown.

“Leaving early? The practice is about to end. You should at least wait for them to finish.” The man said in an attempt to stop you. “I can ask Nijimura to bring you home.”

Feeling your blood run cold at the idea, you freaked out. “What? Sir, that’s embarrassing! I wouldn’t want to bother him!” you protested.

However, it was too late as the coach has already gestured the man to come upstairs before you even finished speaking.

In a minute or so, Nijimura was already standing in front of you with his usual frown. “Is there something wrong, coach?” he asked.

Shirogane tapped your shoulder and introduced you to the man. “This here’s my friend, (L/n) (Y/n). I want you to bring her home safely.” He said with a smile.