Mayuzumi x Reader II (Hopeless Romantic)

I’ve been listening to hopeless romantic and I got inspired.

I like the song and.. yeah. Ahaha
I’m in the mood, so this one might be a little LOOOONGG.
—————————

You’ve been an author of romantic light novels for three years now.

That was the only thing that made you really happy. You never actually had a relationship before.

Not because you’re unattractive in any manner, but simply because no one has ever paid court to you before.

Of course those are very different things. People would often say you’re really pretty and smart. But how come other girls have boyfriends and you don’t?

Brushing that odd feeling off, you just settled with being a writer. At least in these novels you can imagine being loved by a prince or some noble.

You walked down the usual road you take to get to the local bookstore. The day was great and perfect for lovers.

A strong, cold wind blew and you were slightly pushed backwards. You thought you’d fall but you were caught by a strong pair of arms.

You looked up. You were surprised to see a tall, not to mention cute, grey-head staring down at you.

“I-I’m so sorry!” you apologized and bowed at him. it sure was embarrassing how you never noticed someone walking behind you.

“Hmp… be more careful next time.” he stated before walking ahead of you. “There won’t always be someone to catch you when you fall.” He stated.

You blushed at his words. You were sure you wrote that in one of the books you’ve written before. “Maybe… Nah!”

For a second, you thought he might have read your novels, but you assumed someone like him wouldn’t read romantic novels.

---

You opened the door and greeted the bookstore keeper. She knew you pretty well since you were a regular costumer.

“(Y/n)-chan, come here.” The old lady called. “I’d like to introduce you to another regular of this bookstore.” He said happily.

You were shocked when you saw a familiar grey-head appeared from behind one of the shelves. His eyes widened when he saw you.

“Mayuzumi-kun, this is (L/n) (Y/n)-chan. She likes reading AND writing books.” She introduced as the young man approached, a few novels in his arms.

He stared down at you. He doesn’t seem to acknowledge your presence but the glimmer of light in his eyes assumed otherwise.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mayuzumi-kun!” you extended your hand out to shake hands with him but he looked directly at the stack he was holding.

You quickly withdrew your hand and smiled. “Sorry about that.”

“It’s good to meet you too, (L/n)” he said flatly as he dropped the books on the counter and faced you.

You brightened up as you realized that the cold young man recognized your presence.

“So is it alright if we become friends?” you asked as you followed him out of the bookstore.

Miraculously, Mayuzumi waited for you to pay for the books that you bought before heading out the door.

He smiled a discreet smile and looked at you directly in the eyes. “Of course, meetings such as this do not happen on a daily basis.”