Cнapтer 3

I stared at Mr. Finn in awe, and I looked over at Freddy who was smiling like an idiot. "How did you-" I began, but Freddy cut me off. "I saw him in the hall on my way to science class, and I decided to ask him what he was doing here. He said he got a promotion, and became an official teacher for middle school," he explained. "Oh," I said.
I felt someone pat my back, and I looked behind me.

Mr. Finn smiled down at me, and I couldn't help but just stare into his eyes. I didn't really think he'd be back. Last year, Battle of the Bands was postponed because one of the judges twisted his ankle, and they couldn't find a replacement in time.
So, they rescheduled it to be this December.
"Mr. Finn!" I heard a voice say. I looked behind him, to see Summer smiling up at him. "I heard you got promoted! Congratulations!" She said. Mr. Finn smiled, and patted her head. "Thank you Summer!" His happy expression turned to a serious one. "Meet me after school. I need to talk to you three after class," he said. We looked at each other, and we head back to our seats.
Mr. Finn claps his hands together and begins "class."

He's just talking about how he was a substitute last year, and how he doesn't know a single thing about art. I rose my hand, and Mr. Finn called on me. "Sorry, but I thought this was art class," I said. A few students chuckled behind me, except one.
"Just let Mr. Finn talk. You don't have to interrupt him," said Summer. I just glanced at her, and rested my cheek on the palm of my hand. "Whatever," I mumble.
I can feel her glare pierce through my skin, even if I can't see her. Mr. Finn just chuckled. "Calm down Summer. Anyway, Alison's right. I'm a teacher here now, and I should teach you even if I don't know anything about art," he said.

〇〇〇〇〇

The bell rang two minutes ago, and me and Freddy were walking down the hallway. Mr. Finn told us to go to room 204, and as I walked down the hallway, nostalgia hit me like a brick.
We both entered the room, and memories flooded my head.

The first time I came to practice.

The first time I met Matthew. Even if he was a jerk.

When I was preparing to face my fear.

"Hey!" Said a voice. I looked up, and saw Zach holding a guitar. I then saw Tamika holding a microphone, and Lawrence with the keyboard. They all smiled at me, and waved. "Wow, it still looks the same," I said, looking around. I saw the same posters from last year. "Alison! Catch!" Says Tamika. I turn around just in time to catch a microphone.

It's been so long.

I smiled, and stuck my tongue out. "Well, are you ready?" Asked Lawrence. I smiled at him, and nodded. Freddy walked to the far side of the room, the same faraway look on his face. He picked up a drumstick, and gently beat it against the drum.
We all looked at each other and laughed. Freddy sat down, and I placed the microphone on the stand. We plugged in the amplifiers, and started to rock on like the good old days.