Cнapтer 29

"Please!" Summer insisted.
Alison couldn't stand it anymore. The mere voice of Summer increased her annoyance. Fortunately, for Summer, Alison finally gave way to her begging. "Fine! I'll do it!" She said. Summer grinned, and clapped her hands. "Thank you!" She yelled. She walked through the double doors, and Alison pinched her nose between her thumb and index finger.
Alison then left. Her stomach rumbled quietly, and she sighed. She decided to go get a snack.
Just across the street from school was old gas station that she had grown used to. She was about to walk through the doors when she heard a giggle.
She turned her head, and just when she did, she heard a voice. Her eyebrows lifted, and she looked around. "How many people do you have signed up for the club?" Freddy asked.
Alison peered the corner but made sure that neither Freddy nor the mystery person could see her. Alison frowned when she realized that Kale was with Freddy.
Kale took a strand of hair in between her fingers and twirled. Alison narrowed her eyebrows.

She noticed how many girls did that with their hair when they were flirting. She'd seen enough to know that exactly what it meant.
"Well, not yet. I don't have anyone in it." She said. She smiled a wide smile.

'Devious,' Alison thought.

She blinked twice.

'Snake.'

She widened her eyes.

'Manipulative.'

"I'll sign up if you want me to," he said. Alison clenched her hands into a fist.
'Damn it! He fell right into her trap!' Alison thought. She knew what Kale was up to. Kale's smile widened. "Oh my goodness! Thank you Freddy, you're a life saver!" She said. Kale spread her arms out, and Freddy gave her a hug.
Alison turned around, and rolled her eyes.
She wasn't jealous. Well, that's what she told herself. Freddy and her were friends, but she still had a bit of a crush on him. But that was it, a crush. Nothing more. Alison sighed, grabbed her back pack, and left. Even when she walked down the sidewalk, she couldn't shake that little scene with Kale and Freddy. Maybe that's why Summer spoke to her.
Because she sensed something too.
But, what if they were wrong. What if Kale wasn't manipulative?
What if she was completely normal? Alison shook her head.
A stupid thought.
She got to Freddy's house, threw her backpack on the floor, and laid down on the couch. She needs a break once in a while.