Cнapтer 22

Alison POV

The soft cool breeze blows, and blows my hair along with it. I sigh with content as I see the school in sight. Instead of going home yesterday, I walked to the park with Freddy, and we both enjoyed the rest of the day by ourselves. That is, until I got a text from Rachel, saying that I had to get home now.
I was greeted with a beating, but I didn't care. Not anymore. I had more people to keep me company, and I was glad I did.

"What's up?" Said Tamika, as I reached the school building. She was with Summer, and she must've spotted me, although I think Summer hoped she hadn't. She gave me a soft glare, which was unlike her since she would just strangle me with her eyes. Summer 'humphed' and crossed her arms. "I hope you're happy with Freddy. We broke up because of you....again!" She fumed at me. She was so red, I thought steam was going to come out of her ears.
I waved her off, which I earned a baffled looked from Summer. I would usually use some comeback, but I used something different this time.
"Sorry. I guess he just wanted to protect me," I said. She was quiet the rest of the walk to class.

Math

Math was my least favorite. It was always a two block period, meaning it was two hours long. This time, Mr. Finn walked in, and we all started smiling at each other. Zach, Summer, Freddy, and me all grinned. "Good morning class! My names Mr. Finn, and I'm the art teacher, but I'm covering for Math today. Instead of doing the regular work, you guys can just chill," he paused, "you guys can talk." Everyone smiled, and immediately moved to sit with their friends, and started chatting away.
"Mr. Finn! What are you doing here?" Summer asked brightly. Mr. Finn grinned, "well....it looks like Mr. Harbor had to go for some family issues, and I might be staying here for a week or two. Maybe a month." Some of the students stopped to listen.

"That's odd," I said. "In October, Matthew told me that he wasn't feeling very well, and he's not here today," I continued.
"Oh, please Alison!" Said Summer. She crossed her legs and arms, and stuck her nose in the air. "Mr. Harbor and Matthew have nothing in common! They don't look like family!" She said. I cleared my throat. Everyone looked at me.
"Summer, do you know what Matthews last name is?" I said.
Summer's ears turned bright red. Some of the students snickered. "W-well, no," she said.

"His last name, is in fact, Harbor. Matthew Harbor. His dad is from England and his mom is American. Matthew was born in England, and his father moved here because he got a job at William B Travis. Matthew's half American," I said. Freddy eyes me.

"How do you know all that?" He asked. I chuckled, "he told me before we broke up-" "you two broke up?!" Zach said, slamming his hands on the desk. I jumped. "Well, yea. How else would me and Freddy be dating-" "you and Freddy are dating!?" This time, it wasn't Zach. It was Mr. Finn himself.

"Oh....this is great!" He said. "You're joking!" Said Summer. "Oh! Riddles!" Mr. Finn said. He clapped his hands. "Alright everyone, you have homework!" He said. Everyone groaned.

"Don't worry, its optional. If you can solve this riddle, then I'll let you do nothing in this class until your teacher comes back! If you can't solve it, then we do work. Okay, here it is: you're in a cement room with no windows or doors. The only thing you have is a mirror and a piece of wood. How do you get out?" And with that, the bell for second period starts. "Okay, I'll let you take a break and go do whatever you want right now. Go to your locker, talk to friends, anything." He paused.
"But, if it's illegal, then....don't," he said.

Everyone got up, and started heading towards the door. "Wait! Don't look up the answer on google or anything. It won't count," he said. We all walked out, and sighed in relief.