Cнapтer 9

3rd POV

Alison stayed home the next day.

Freddy walked down the sidewalk by himself, missing his friend's company. He always took the long way to school, just so he could talk to her more. He never told her there was a shortcut.
He decided that he was going to talk to Mr. Finn about this. He wanted to know what was wrong with her.
He saw it before, but he never acknowledged her about it. He kept quiet. And look where it got him.

He best friend was home, sick with God knows what, and he wasn't there to help her.

It got chilly again.

OOO

Class:

Summer looked at Freddy worriedly. "What's wrong with Freddy? He looks down," she asked. Tamika shrugged. "Is it because Alison isn't here? I haven't seen her all day," she said. Summer scowled at hearing Alison's name. She didn't like her, not one but after she found out what Freddy told her on the last day of school...

Flashback:

"That means I want you to be my girlfriend," he said.

Summer stared at Freddy and Alison. 'This seems like a joke,' she thought. Oh, but it wasn't. She brushed her bangs out of her face, and stared as Alison turned beet red. She stared at the ground, making a decision. She looked up, and smiled.
Oh no... Summer thought.
"I'll think about it, Freddy," she said. Freddy blinked dozens of times, if not even more. He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly and shrugged.
Summer turned around, and clenched her fists. 'I would've said yes,' she thought. She was planning on telling Freddy how she felt, but it was all ruined because of her.

Flashback over:

She looked down at Tamika. "I'm going to ask him," she said. Tamika stopped her, by tugging on her sleeve. "I don't think that's a good idea. Some things are meant to be personal," she said. Summer glared at her friend, and pulled away from her grip. "I don't care. I'm going to ask him," she said. Tamika shook her head.

"This isn't right, Summer. Maybe it's something else that you wouldn't be able to understand," Tamika said. Summer ignored her, and walked off.
She sat in front of Freddy, "hey, what's wrong?" She asked. Freddy looked up, and frowned. He shook his head, not wanting to tell her. Summer took his hands in hers. "Please tell me... You can tell me anything," she said.
She was being persistent.

Freddy was getting annoyed with this. "It's something personal. Nothing for you to worry about," he said, fed up.
Summer was taken aback. She knew Freddy was never rude to anyone, including his friends.
Summer just scoffed, got up, and left.

Later:

"Alison! I'm back!" He called out. He found his friends sleeping on the couch. At least he hoped she was asleep.
But, when he saw her chest rise and fall, he sighed in relief. He sat down next to her, and stayed by her side all night.