Cнapтer 21

"Alison!?"

Alison walked in with a bruise on her cheek, and a bandage on her forehead. She smiled wearily, "h-hi?" I stood up, and speedily walked towards her. I grabbed her wrist, and pulled her outside the classroom. I shut the door closed, and frowned. "I thought I told you that if something like this were to happen you were supposed to come to my house!" I yelled. She stared at the floor. I feel bad now.
"I-I couldn't leave. They barred the windows and doors. And they wouldn't give me the key," she said. I sighed. "I'm sorry," I apologized.
"It's okay," she smiled. I pat her head, and started telling her about the lyrics I had made. "Wow. You made lyrics?" She said, surprised.
"Why is everyone astonished?" I asked. She smiled, "it's because you're not really known to do something." I laughed. "Listen, we're going to need you to sing this song. Since it's about.... us," I said, staring at the floor while the blush on my face spread like wildfire.

"Aw, you do care!" She said. I blushed deeper. "Yea... let's go." I led her inside, and closed the door behind her. Everyone ignored the fact that she was bruised, and we started setting up.

Alison took the microphone, and sighed.

Play song :)

Mr. Finn started playing the guitar in a soft tone. Alison got ready and took hold of the mic.

"Oh take a look in the mirror, you look so sad. It's so cold like that winter market we used to go," she began.
She continued singing softly in a tone I never knew she had. "I don't cry anymore but I feel so hurt. So I don't need you too close to me. You don't hear me, so you said I don't know why things have changed since yesterday..."
My favorite part.

" This could be love again... all I need is you... come back, I'm waiting anytime the heavy rains come. Still I miss days with you. I can't look into your face oh feeling blue and looking back again... please come back to me," she stopped singing. Mr. Finn stopped playing, and they all turned to me. "W-what?" I asked. Alison put the mic back, and walked up to me.
"You wrote this?" She asked. I cleared me throat and coughed. "Maybe..." "its beautiful." I looked up. She was smiling. I chuckled, and sat down.
"L-let's finish the song," I said. She nodded, and went back to the mic. Mr. Finn started playing again. Alison repeated the same lyrics, and I could almost feel her happiness radiating from her. Tamika joined in this time.
She sang the next verse.

"To stay with you always! You are the world to me, and dreaming on! So you can take my sword for you! Oh, how do you feel so fine? You are the world to me and dream on. You stole my heart so long ago! Oh, I release my soul, so you feel my song!" She finished singing, and the guitar melody drifted off.

Alison sighed. "So, what's the name of the song?" She asked.

I smiled. "Release my soul."