Cнapтer 20

I slowly zip up my bags, and sigh. I always hated leaving, even though I somehow had a problem in my hands. Whether it was an argument, or whether something bad happened between the two of us, I didn't like leaving Freddy. He'd be alone now.
It just occurred to me that Freddy's going to be alone now.

There's a soft and gentle knock at my door. Well, it's not really my door anymore, but...
Freddy opened the door, and peered inside. "Hey, are you done? Mrs. Jenson is waiting downstairs," he said. I nodded but didn't turn around. I could hear Freddy sigh, and walk towards me. He grabbed my hand and spun me around. He held onto my shoulders.
"Listen, whatever happens over there, I want you to come back. This is where you belong. Okay?" He said. I nodded, and sniffed. I could feel tears streaming down my face, and I hugged him. "I-I'm going to miss you Freddy," I said. He pat my back. "Me too, angel. Good luck," he said. 

We separate from our hug, and he shakes my hand gently. I grabbed my bags and we started heading outside. At the bottom of the stairs,  Freddy salutes me. I chuckle, and turn to the woman who left me with that demon of a father. I don't look at her.

"Are you ready to go sweetie?" She asked. I stood outside the door, staring out at the weather that was complimenting my mood. Rain.
"Yes, Rachel " I said. I turn to Freddy and smile at him. "See you soon," I said. She then closed the door and we left.

Next day

(Freddy POV)

Alison didn't come to school the next day. Don't tell me that one day after they won they started using her as their punching bag again. I missed her. I missed her smile. Her eyes. I missed her voice. As cheesy as it sounds, I still miss her.
During class everyone bombarded me with questions.
"Who got custody of her?" Asked Zach. I didn't answer. Not right away. "Mr and Mrs Jenson did," I said. Everyone stopped at once. Mr. Finn frowned sadly at me, and looked at the floor. "Oh," said Tamika softly. "Alright everyone, take a seat," said Mr. Finn.
I didn't listen at all during class. In any class. I couldn't shake the thought of Alison living with someone else. I missed her the whole day. I couldn't shake that thought out of my head. I missed everything about her.
This could be love again. All I need is her. I want her to come back. While I was sitting and doing homework, it came to me. Lyrics. For a song.

I grabbed my dads guitar from his room, and started playing random notes at once. I finally found a melody that I could use. I smiled. I sat back down, and grabbed a piece of paper and started writing down the lyrics. I started recalling memories of me and Alison. We used to go to this market that would always open in the winter, and we would always buy our presents from there. I started writing furiously.

Tuesday

"Wow, Freddy these lyrics are amazing," said Mr. Finn. I nodded, and smiled proudly. He nudged me. "Is this song about a specific person?" He said, wiggling an eyebrow. I smiled and blushed. "Maybe." Mr. Finn got up, and told everyone about the lyrics I wrote for a song.
"Looks like we're going to need a female singer for this song," he said. Just as Summer was about to raise her hand, the door opened.
Everyone gasped.