Chapter 6

"Alison," he said.
"Matthew," I said.
I took my seat, and wondered why he was here. "Why are you here?" I asked, thinking out loud. "A lot of things can happen when you have a water balloon," he says. I raise my eyebrows, amazed. "You threw a water balloon at a teacher? Who?" I asked. 
He nervously looked around, "Mrs. Sullivan."
Wow. She was the meanest teacher in William B. Travis.
We sat there for two minutes, not even looking at each other. Matthew decided to sit in the back, and I sat in the front. I took a deep breath, and stared at the clock.
"If you keep looking at the clock, time's going to pass by slower," Matthew said. I huffed, "I know that." He just shrugged. There was a soft knock on the door. It was the guidance counselor, Ms. Hara. "Alison Jenson? You need to come to my office right now, it regards... Personal matters," she said. I nod and get up. Matthew watched me leave.
She lead me down the hallway, and we made it to her office.

Principal Mullins was in the room, pacing around. She stopped pacing when she saw me enter. "Alison, there's something we need to discuss," she said.
My heart rate increased as she sat down.

What could this be about? What did I do? Is it about me getting shot towards the end of the school year last year? Did they find the person? What-
"It regards your father," she said. I stopped thinking. My mind went blank, and I'm pretty sure they could hear my heart beating rapidly.
"W-what happened?" I asked. Ms. Hara gave me a sincere expression. "Your father filed a lawsuit against the Huerto family. He thinks they kidnapped you," she said.
I narrowed my eyes. "But that's not true! Didn't you-"
"We tried, but he wouldn't listen! I'm sorry Ms. Jenson," said Ms. Hara.

I placed a hand on my temples, wishing my father would just cut the crap! He always abuses me, even if he's sober, and he expects me to come back to a person like him!? Hell, I'd rather live in a trash heap than with him!

"We're trying everything we can, but for right now you have to tell Freddy. We already contacted his parents, and I believe we have to until he informs us about the day they have to see him in court. Again, I'm sorry Ms. Jenson. I wish there was something we could do," Said Principal Mullins.
We sat there for a minute until Mullins dismisses me. She lets me go home, and I do so.

I press Freddy's contact, and one ring passes before he answers. "Hey, angel. Why are you calling, I thought-"
I interrupted him. "Freddy, we need to talk. It's about... Him," I said. He was silent, then his voice lowered.
"Why, what happened? Did he come by to school today?" He asked. "No, it's something much... Worse," I said.

"Oh... We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I mean, it sounds personal enou-"

"He filed a lawsuit against your family," I blurted out. He was silent.

He then sighed, and hung up.