Cнapтer 10

The sun was shining bright, and it seemed like it was going to be a good day. That is, until Freddy received a phone call.
The ID was unknown, so Freddy didn't answer.
But, they called again.
He stared at his phone, not being able to guess who the person was. Then, came the voicemail. He played the voicemail and listened.
"Freddy? Hi, my name is Cynthia Hart, and I got a call from Jeremy Jenson. I believe he filed a lawsuit against your family for, quote, "kidnapping" your friend Alison Jenson. I just wanted you to know, that I will be helping your family with this case, and we are going to meet up on September 2nd.
Thank you, and have a great day!"

The voicemail ended, and Freddy looked over at his sleeping friend. She hadn't been feeling well for the past two days. He was stressed. His grades started plummeting, to the point where Mrs. Fisher had to talk to him privately about it.
Freddy had been, ahem, googling the symptoms of Alison's sickness, but found no results.
The only person to talked to this about, was Zach.

Zach told him, that he'd talk to his father about it, since he was friends with a doctor.

There was a knock on the door, and Freddy walked over to door. He turned the knob, and opened it, revealing Zach. Zach held a small packet of paper, and he entered without Freddy telling him he could. "What is it?" Freddy asked.
Zach handed him the packet.
"I found out what she has! It's on the first page, paragraph two," he said. Freddy nearly chuckled, but didn't because he knew this was serious.
He moved his finger down the paper, and found it.

"Appendicitis? What is that?" Freddy asked. Zach ran his hand through his hair. "You do know what the digestive system is, right?" Zach asked. Freddy nodded.
He remembered learning about body systems last year. His least favorite, was obviously the reproductive system. He and Zach kept chuckling throughout that class period and throughout the day, eventually ruining the day for the three girls.

There was a picture of the large intestine. He pointed to a little tail on the left side. (Lol, my left).

"That's the appendix. Appendicitis is when that thing becomes inflamed and painful. Basically what Alison's going through right now," Zach said. Freddy shrugged, "is there some kind of medicine for it?"
Zach gulped. As much as he didn't want to tell him, he had to.

If he didn't tell him, Alison could get worse.

He took a deep breath. "The thing is, when a person has this they..." He trailed off. Freddy began to imagine the worst.
"She's going to need surgery to get it removed," Zach said. Freddy blinked.
He was still processing what he said.

Surgery?

Many questions were roaming his brain. A lot of things could happen during surgery.

Even... Death?

Sorry it's a short, but I at least tried to update! Hope you enjoyed :D
Also, at the end of the series, I will be posting an extra chapter on the very last book that has facts I've been wanting to share. -S