Cнapтer 19

November 22nd: Second Day Of Court

Freddy POV

I watched in silence as Ms. Hart gave her testimony. This is boring. I move my eyes over to where Mr. Jenson sits. I finally realized how old he looks. Grey hair was starting to grow, and he had five O'clock shadow, and his eyes looked a dull like brown. But I knew what was hid behind them.
Behind him sat Mrs. Jenson. She looked young, probably about her early forties. Sitting next to her looked like her sister. I looked over at Alison, and she looks pale. I place my head in my hands and scoffed. This'll take forever

Forty five minutes later

The judge had left twenty minutes ago, and now came back with the results. Hard to believe that we only need two court days for this. The judge sits down and takes the folder from another person. He mutters to the person, and the person nods. The judge sits down and takes the papers from the folder. This is it...

Alison's POV

This is it. I'll finally find out if I get to stay with Freddy or not. I gulp, and bite my lip. The judge reads over the paper, and sighs. He finally spoke. Silence fills the room, and people await his answer. "I now have the results in my hand, and these results will tell us who gets custody of Alison Marie Jenson. Mrs. Huerto, or Mr and Mrs Jenson," he says. He takes a deep breath.

"I hereby declare that Alison Marie Jenson would be placed in the custody of her parents," he said.

I froze. 'No, please tell me this is a dream. No, a nightmare! Cmon, Alison, wake up. Wake up! WAKE UP!' I looked over at my "parents." My father was smirking, and my mother was smiling. I ran my hands through my hair. My vision blurred, and I abruptly stood up. "You can't put me in their custody! Please!" I said. "I'm sorry Ms. Jenson, but the jury has decided. This case is closed. You may all leave," said the judge, gathering the papers together, and handing the, to Mrs. Jenson.
I slam my fist against the table, and a tear runs down my cheek. This can't be happening, I don't want to go back home to him.

I look over at Freddy. He was near the door with his mother, while he was staring at the ground. I run to him, my arms spread wide open. "Freddy!" I yell. He looks up, and immediately opens his arms, and he hugs me. I cry on his shoulder, and I could hear him sniffle in my ear. His voice is ragged, "I-I'm sorry. I wish I could've done something." I hug him tighter, know that both of those people are waiting for me. "I know it's not ok, but there was nothing you could've done. There's no evidence of his abuse, and they won't believe the fact that she left me. She'll just lie to get out of this," I say.
"I'm sorry, Freddy."
He releases me, and holds my shoulders.

His voice is gentle. "It's not your fault. You'll get through this, I promise. I won't let them hurt my little angel. And if they do, you can come running over to my house," he says. I nod. He holds my chin between his fingers. "I love you Alison," he says.

I nod.

"I love you too, Freddy."