Chapter 7

It's christmas break! yay!!! I'm going to try to post a chapter or two everyday!

-madison

----------------------------------------------

(Clove's POV)

Our chariot begins to move down the long path towards the City Circle. I look around at our competition and I can only see disrticts 1 to 7. So far, we definitely look the best dressed. My eyes landed on district 5 and they were wearing glittery hats that made them look like disco balls.

"We look the best." I say quietly to Cato.

Cato nods and we smile our evil, deadly smile and the crowd goes nuts.

"Clove! Cato! District 2!" I hear the Capitol shouting out at us.

"They love us." Cato says with a proud smile.

"I love you." I whisper, loud enough for only him to hear.

"I love you too." Cato whispers back. "I'm doing everything in my power to keep me from kissing you right now." Cato laughs. I smile and we stare forward at President Snow up in his mansion, waving from the balcony.

"Welcome, Tributes! We salute your bravery and your sacrifice. And we wish you, a happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor." President Snow says, his voice booming loudly in the circle.

Our horses take us on one last round of the City Circle and then we head back into the training room where Enobaria, Cianna, Jago and Cato's Stylist waits for us.

"Good job, you two." Cianna says and gives me and Cato air kisses.

"What did you think Enobaria?" I ask and she looks down at her boney fingers.

"You were good, but district 12 was amazing and memorable. Katniss Everdeen the Girl on Fire," she sighs and then continues. "They're all anyone is going to talk about." She mutters.

As Enobaria says this, I stare down Fire Girl until she turns away, looking scared.

----------------------------------------------

(Cato's POV)

How can Fire Girl steal our show!? The Capitol is supposed to love us! Not them! Ugh! I want both of them dead. Now. I stare down Fire Girl and Fire Boy until their mentor, Haymitch Abernathy (the 50th quarter quell winner) meets my gaze. I can barely hear what he has to say.

"Umm. Let's uh, go upstairs." Haymitch says and Fire Girl, Fire Boy and they're escort all follow him to the elevator.

"We might as well go upstairs aswell." Cianna says and waves us towards the elevators.

We enter the elevator with the people from 12 and me and Clove just stare.

"Congratulations, everyone is talking about you, just wait until they realize how weak you two are. Everyone knows that district two is gonna win." Clove teases. I laugh and Enobaria and Haymitch were too busy having a private conversation to even know what's going on.

"Shut up. Katniss is amazing with a bow! You better watch out!" Fire boy says. His blue eyes were gleaming and his blonde hair fell perfectly in place.

"Peeta. Shut up! Don't tell them anything else!" Fire Girl raises her voice. Peeta looked apologetically towards her and she just looks away.

The elevator dings, and it's our stop.

"Well, this is our stop. Try to get some rest 12, it'll be one of your few nights remaining, since you'll be dead in a few days." I say with a smirk on my face. We all walk out of the elevator smiling and laughing, We head towards the tv room.