Chapter 20 AE

(Cato's POV)

"How are you doing, babe?" I ask.

"Alright," she winces while putting weight on her leg, "and you?"

"Good." I reply.

"Cato, I just wanted to say thank you. I used to be this girl who was put into a higher age category for training. No one gave me a chance to hang out with them. No one talked to me. No one hung out with me. I was alone. The only person who would talk to me was Trevor and my parents. But even then, I never really liked them. I mean my brother is fun sometimes, my mom is alright but my father... I feel like my father hates me. He's never proud of me. He always seems so ashamed of me being his daughter. You know, he used to be beat me up whenever I failed to please him, which happened almost any day he wasn't away at work-"

"So that's why you always came to school with bruises and black eyes." I say, my lips curling into a frown. I should've tried to get to know her earlier. I should've hung out with her at lunch or recess. She's always sort of caught my eye as we walked down the halls. Damn it, Cato! How could I be so oblivious!?

"Yeah. Anyways, to get to the point. You're the first person to actually love, talk and be normal around me. So thank you. Thank you for making me feel like the happiest girl in the world. Thank you for teaming up with me in the games. Thank you for protecting me. Thank you for saving me. Thank you for everything." She smiles, pressing her lips to mine. I join in, our lips moving perfectly in sync together.

I pause, "I'd love to stay here, trust me, "I smile, "but I think we should go hunt for Lover Boy and Fire Girl."

"Alright." She smiles. We pack up our supplies into our backpacks and set out into the forest.

--------------------------------------------

(Clove's POV)

The wind howls from every direction making it hard to breathe. The rain is splattering down from above us making it hard to see. Deadly lightning striking the tips of the tall trees and thunder constantly roaring across the arena. This is what I call hell.

I gasp desperately for air. "Where could they possible be?" I shout loudly. At this rate, you wouldn't be able to hear any cannons, the thunder is too loud.

"I don't know-" Cato shouts back.

"Uh, hi." Peeta grimaces, emerging from the bushes. I hold a knife up in each hand, ready to fire. Peeta's knuckles begin to turn white as he grips Katniss's hand tightly, sensing possible danger.

"Sorry that we didn't seem to get a chance to chat yesterday at the feast." Katniss shouts sarcastically to me.

I hiss back, "Stop making small talk, what do you really want?"

"The same thing you guys want. To win with my district partner." She smiles at Peeta, pecking their lips together, makes me wanna puke. I can see right through them. Katniss doesn't have that look of head over heels in love like Peeta has for her. This could all be an act! Ugh, these district 12 people are good!

"I understand. Perhaps, I could make this easier. 2 on 2 wouldn't give the Capitol much of a good show. How about 2 against 1?" Cato smiles. Finally! We get to kill one of them!

But then, Cato begins to walk towards me with his arms outstretched. "Uh, Cato? What are you doing?"

"Getting the Capitol ready for the finale." He takes me into a headlock and I gasp for air, he loosens his grip on me but his muscles stay flexed. What is he doing!?

"Trust me. Act along." He whispers in my ear. The water was beginning to sting my eyes. Could this be salt water. I lick my lips. Yes, it is. Anyways, what is Cato trying to accomplish?

"OUCH! CATO, LET GO OF ME!" I scream on the top of my lungs, flailing my arms around. Is that convincing enough? No, probably not. He lets go of me and I drop to the floor, eyes closed, playing dead.

"There we go-" Cato says, rubbing his hands together.

"Why did you do that? Don't you wanna win with her?..." Peeta asks.

"This is what I've been taught to do; make allies, kill them in the end. I want all the glory to myself." Cato snarls.

"Peeta, stay here and watch Clove just incase she's not dead. Got it?" Katniss asks.

"Got it." Peeta says.

"Catch me if you can." Cato laughs mockingly and I hear his and Katniss's wet footprints dash off into the woods.

I open my eyes to see Peeta resting against a tree, looking towards the direction Katniss must've went in. Now I understand Cato's plan! He was trying to lead Katniss away from me. Now I can kill Peeta and then it's just me and Cato versus Katniss. I creep my hand up into my armband, grabbing a knife. I push myself up onto my two feet.

"Hey, Lover Boy!" I shout.

He turns around and screams, "KATNISS!" I throw my knife towards his heart, puncturing his flesh perfectly and he falls to the ground. I stumble over, blinded by the rain and check his pulse. He's dead. Problem is, you can't here his canon over the thund- OH DAMN IT! I WILL HAVE NO IDEA IF CATO IS DEAD!

"CATO! CATO, WHERE ARE YOU!?" I scream on the top of my lungs.

___________________________

Hey guys, do you like this chapter? Please comment and vote :) love you guys!!!!

-madison xxoo