Chapter 11

Hey guys! Sorry for not writing for a bit.. I've been busy and I've been reading the mortal instruments series! (So good) hope you like this chapter! And I hope you all had a great christmas if you celebrate it, if not, happy holidays!
-madison xxoo

___________________________

(Clove'S POV)

*FLASHBACK*
My mom gestured her three middle fingers on her left hand and lifted them to me, which means thanks, admiration and goodbye to someone they love. The glass tube closed around me and a big, white peacekeeper came and pressed his giant gun to the back of my mom's head.

"MOM!" I yelled and pressed my hands against the glass trying to find a way to get to reach her. There was no way out. He pulled the trigger and I watched my mother's body slump off to the floor, dead.
*END OF FLASHBACK*

I muffle a scream in my mouth as I place my knives in my jacket. I had 6 small knives and 6 big knives to use. I see Cato start to run towards me and I throw him the sword that was waiting beside me. He catches it by the handle and smiles at me and I smile back.

What am I doing?! The games have started! Kill. Kill. Kill. No time for lovey dovey stuff. Cato walks in to the Cornucopia and I start running along the perimeter where all the pathetic, under trained tributes will be. Boys and girls are running frantically in every direction. My eyes catch Fire Girl as she wrestles the boy from 9 for a bright orange back pack. I can see she was losing the squabble when I chuck a big knife towards the boy's back. Even from 10 yards away, I can hear the sound of the knife slicing through his back and stabbing his heart. He lets go of the pack and falls down to the ground with no movement left in his body. The cannon goes off and I smile and use my evil glare to stare down Fire Girl.

She begins to sprint towards the forest. She know's she's in trouble, she's watched me trained. She knows I never miss. I can see her chest rise and sink as she pants and that just pushes me to sprint faster. When I get closer to her, I whip one of my knives at her head and a cannon goes off. Hazza! She's dead! Fire Girl is dead! I smile but then I see that my knife had instead hit her pack, that was shielding her head. She was too far now, and she was laughing. I clench my hands into fists. She's not dead. I missed. I actually missed! My body shakes in rage as I run back to the blood bath. On my way back through the dark green forest, I hear a ton of cannons going off and I pray to god that Cato is alright.
----------------------------------------------
(Cato's POV)

As I walk through the Cornucopia, I spy a little boy with curly hair, the boy from 4. His eyes looked up at me like a puppy's and he begged. "Please! Please! Don't kill me! Let me die peacefully." I know what I have to do, so I do it. I slice my sword across his little neck and his head flops down onto the floor and a cannon booms. The poor boy. I swallow the guilt in my throat and I run off to see most of the tributes were gone except for Marvel, Glimmer and the girl from 10. Glimmer takes a big pointy knife and stabs repeatedly at the young girl who was helpless and in pain on the ground. Glimmer keeps going until she hears a cannon sound and she smiles as Marvel high fives her.

"Good job." Marvel says with a nod and Glimmer's bright white smile shone. I may kill, but I will never torture someone like that if I know they're going to die. Like really? Only one stab was necessary. But oh no, Glimmer just has to prove that she's a competitor by torturing the poor girl. I sigh and think back to the reaping, everyone thinks I volunteered to make my district proud, even though I only volunteered to protect Clove. Clove! I look to my left and right. She's gone. Could she be dead?! Oh no. We promised to always stick together and now she could be dead since I let her out of my sight. Damn it!

"Clove!" I shout and I frantically start walking around trying to find a clue to where she could have gone.

Silence.