Chapter 19 AE

This will be continuing on from when Clove is screaming in chapter 19 for Cato to come and save her.

__________________________________

(Clove's POV)

"CATO! CATO!" I shout at the top of my lungs. Thresh brings the rock over his head, ready to throw.

"No!" Cato shouts from behind. I wince knowing that Cato's about to watch me die, thanks to Thresh. I just hope it'll be quick for his sake. Thresh can sense that Cato's coming and throws the rock, hard, right towards me. Though, he doesn't have very good aim, I scream on the top of my lungs as the rock slams into my thigh.

Crack!

Great. A broken bone.

The excruciating pain makes me scream on the top of my lungs and tears pour down my cheeks.

"Gah!" Thresh screams on the top of his lungs, his voice roaring across the arena.

I open my eyes to see what just happened. Thresh was lying down on the ground with a sword positioned perfectly in his chest.

"Cato!" I cry, trying to push myself up with my arms. "Thank you. Thank you so much." I say, shakily.

"OW!" I screach.

"How badly are you hurt?" Cato asks, while examining my body with his shimmering eyes.

"I'm f-fine-" I wince but he cuts me off.

"Clove, don't lie to me. I heard the crack." He says and Thresh's cannon goes off. "What'd he do to you?"

"H-he picked m-me up by the n-neck, t-then dropped me. He s-slammed a big rock into m-my th-th-thigh." I stutter. I feel weak. I'm supposed to be this career, a killing machine, strong and undefeated. I almost died by an outline district, what will people think of me?

"Oh my god. Are any of your bones broken?" Cato asks.

"My femur and also a bit of my femoral shaft." I wince. "What about you?" I ask, giving up on trying to stand up.

"Way better now that Thresh is dead and you're here with me." He says.

"Wait a second," I begin but then turn away to see that Katniss has disappeared, "where'd Fire Girl go?" I ask.

"I don't know, probably strategizing with Lover Boy and planning their strategy on killing us." Cato laughs.

"I'm not gonna let them do that. We are going to win. Together or not at all." I smile.

"Together or not at all." Cato agrees and leans in, brushing his lips on mine.

"Enobaria, a little help here?" I ask, pointing at my thigh. A series of beeps occur and Cato jumps, grabbing the silver parachute that was floating in thin air.

"What does the message say?" I ask.

"Here." Cato says, handing me the note.

Okay, Clove. You're alive. Be thankful that your own Lover Boy saved you. You could've died. Anyways, this medication will relieve the pain, we can only get the broken bones fixed when you two win the Games.

Fight hard,

-E

Cato rips my pants where my thigh is, gently rubbing on the pain reliever, he then carries me, though we are both armed to fight. If it comes down to it and I have to kill someone, I can hop down on my broken leg. But for now, I'd like to give it some rest.

"Where do you think Fire Girl went?"Cato asks.

"Um, probably wherever Lover Boy is, trying to nurse him back to life. I'd say they could be hiding in a tree somewhere." I say. Cato nods.

"We'll begin to hunt for them where all the trees are. Okay?" Cato says, leading our little alliance of two.

"Okay," I say and my lips curve into a smile, "let's go!"

We scour the woods, weaving in between trees on our search for tributes. After a while of silence, I ask, "So who's left again?"

"Um, me, you, Katpiss and Lover Boy." He says.

"Katpiss, really?" I say raising my eyebrows, "Nice nickname." I chuckle.

"You like it, huh?" Cato smiles. He leans in a brushes his lips on mine. Oh, how much I love the feeling.

"Wait a second," he says, pushing away from the kiss, "that means, either you and I could win, or Katpiss and Lover Boy... or..."

"Or only one of us or them." I answer and pain hits both of our faces. I can't imagine winning without Cato, or even living life without Cato. It's unthinkable.

"I'm not gonna let that happen. We are going to win together or not at all." Cato says, trying to smile.

"Together or not at all." I smile.

"Alright, now I don't know about you, but I'm hungry!" Cato says with a chuckle.

"I'm starvinger!" I giggle.

"Starvinger?" He asks, his eyebrows knitting together.

"You know, I'm hungrier than you. So that means I'm starvinger." I say.

"You do realize, that's not a word." Cato says, trying not to burst out laughing.

"It's a word to me. I like to make up my own words." I say, crossing my arms.

"Okay, than what's a word that you've made up for promise, protect and love?" He says, his lips curling into my favourite crooked smile.

"Promise is such a long word, so I made it into prom. Protect is protey and love is evol." I smile.

"Okay, then I prom to protey you. I evol you." Cato says, taking my hand in his.

"I evol you, too." I laugh, squeezing his hand.

___________________________________

How is the alternate ending so far??? I hope you like it! Please comment your thoughts and vote, vote, vote!

:)

-madison xxoo