Chapter 19

Okay guys so thank you soo much for reading! It means the world to me! I'm actually crying right now because of this chapter and the next one :( but yeah... try to enjoy! :)
-madison xxoo
___________________________

(Clove's POV)

Cato and I are poised around the plain, waiting to scoop up our pack. There was two large ones that had the numbers 2 and 11, a medium sized pack for 5, and last but not least a teeny tiny one for 12. I see the red head dash out from the Cornucopia and she snatches her pack and sprints into the forest. She's smart. No one will chase her because we all need to get our own packs. Our original plan was for me to guard, and Cato would collect the pack. But right now, I sense something bad may happen. Right as he's about to dart towards the table I grab his arm.

"Change of plans. I'll get it, you guard." I say and he looks confused. "Look we have to hurry, it'll be better this way. Okay?" I say and he nods his head.

"Be quick. I love you. And if you see her, promise me you'll give the audience a good show." He says with a smile.

I press my hand to his cheek and give him a quick hug. "I promise.I love you." I say. Right as I start to run, I see Fire Girl running full speed as well. She can't see me though, I'm hidden by the Cornucopia. I chuck my knife towards her, but then she deflects it with her bow. I grunt in anger, since I missed her, again.

She quickly draws back the bowstring and aims an arrow at my heart. I quickly turn without a thought and it punctures through the flesh on my left arm. I hold back a scream and my heart is pounding a thousand times a minute. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

Luckily I'm right handed, so I pull out the arrow and check the severity of my wound. I should be fine. She draws back her bowstring again ready to hit me but luckily I duck my head down and it flies right above me. Right now I am so grateful for being short. She's at the table now and she slips her hand through the strap of her pack.

While she's picking it up, I whip another knive towards her beloved face and slices the skin right above her eyebrow. Blood runs down her face and it enters her eyes, she must be having a hard time seeing things right now. She staggers backwards but still manages to shoot an arrow towards me, again.

It lands far off to my right and I slam into her body, knocking her to the ground. She's lying flat on her back and I pin her down with my knees. This is it. I got her. She's dead.

"Where's your boyfriend, District twelve? Still hanging on?" I ask with an evil grin spreading across my face. This girl is one of the 4 people standing in my way of being crowned as a victor, with Cato.

"He's out there now. Hunting Cato." She snarls at me and then screams for Peeta... no response. She's a liar.

I jam my fist into her windpipe, cutting off her voice. Her scream is as agonizingly painful to listen to as Glimmer's flirty laugh.

"Liar." I snarl with a grin."He's nearly dead. Cato knows where he cut him. You've probably got him tied up in some tree while you try to keep his heart going. What's in the pretty little backpack? That medicine for Lover Boy? Too bad he'll never get it." I hiss at her. She must die. If she doesn't, her and Peeta have a chance of winning this game.

I open up my jacket, and look at my array of knives to chose from. I select the smallest one there is with the curved blade. My favourite. And then I continue on with my little teasing show.

"I promised Cato if he let me have you, I'd give the audience a good show." I smile and she starts to squirm under my grip. It's no use because my lock on her is to tight, and I'm to heavy for her since she barely had any muscles.