Chapter 15

(Cato's POV)

Ah! I feel another tracker jacker sting right beneath my eye, blurring my vision. The venom causes searing pain and I find myself trying rip out the barbed stingers while I run. I feel five more stingers sink into my flesh, and when I try to swat them away, it just gets worse.

I find myself staggering from left to right as I run, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't balance myself. Everything around me seems to turn into this big green goo and spiders begin to crawl all over me. I can faintly see a blur of blue, which must be the river.

The only people who are running with me is a blonde haired boy, a dark blonde haired boy and a tiny brunette girl. I just can't think of their names. They look like tiny midgets running through the goo. "Almost there" I manage to mutter to myself and then find that the ground beneath my collapsed and I'm floating in some type of wet substance. Water. I feel triumphant until I hear the blonde boy mutter a name I'd never be able to forget... "Katniss."

He begins to run back the way we came, and by now all the tracker jackers are gone. I begin a staggering sprint after him. He can not save her. He can not. She needs to die. I had a feeling something like this was going to happen eventually but I didn't think it was going to be so soon.

"Hey! Lover Boy! Where do you think you're going?!" I shout and I feel my eye throb in pain. When I reach an arms length distance away from him, I leap and tackle him to the ground.
He attempts to thrash out of my grip, but he's too weak from the stings to do much harm.

"You're not going anywhere!" I say and the spiders begin to crawl into my vision. My eyes begin to fill with black spots, so I know I have to make my next move quickly. I take my sword and
slash him in the thigh, the only place where my vision wasn't spotted and then he flees. Damn it. My vision is now fully covered and I black out. The last thing I remember was being dragged out by someone, but who it was, I have no idea.

----------------------------------------------

The same scenario keeps repeating over and over and over again. I see Thresh continuously slashing Clove's small, precious body but there's nothing I can do. It's just a hallucination. I try to calm down but the images keep flashing by over and over again. Finally, when she screams for help I open my eyes and scream. I see her in a deep sleep beside me, in the tent. Wait? In the tent?! I dart upwards and immediately wish I didn't.
Pain shoots up every single inch of my body and I flinch as I slowly back down into a fetus position.

"I thought I heard you." A boy said, who I immediately recognize as the boy from 3. Our little land mine burier.

"What happened?" I say, confused and gaze around the tent. It was fairly big and had no walls. I notice two people from our group were missing. Glimmer and Lover Boy.

"First off, call me Chip. It's my nickname. Don't laugh." He says and I bite my tongue to keep from laughing. What kind of a name is Chip? Well, maybe it's common since they're district is known for technology.

"Okay, Chip. What happened?" I ask, dazed.

"Well, Glimmer is dead. And I collected you by the tree where you attacked the blonde boy? Was that Peeta? I just saw two blondes fighting as I ran through the forest." He begins.

"Yes, that was him." I say furiously and the memories start to come back to me.
He got away. He actually got away.

"Okay, so I dragged each of you from the lake to here. Your mentors were nice enough to send you medicine for the stings, so I treated you with them." He says with a smile. I don't fully understand why he'd do this for us? Was he trying to get on our good side? Maybe. All I know, is that I'm thankful that Clove is here with me, even though she's unconscious.

I stroke her cheek with my thumb and plant a small kiss on her forehead. "How is she doing?" I ask.

"Well, she's just about ready for some more ointment. Do you wanna do it?" He says and offers me the silver jar of what looked like apple sauce inside.

I slowly take a blob of the ointment and rub gently on all of her stings. While I do this, I can see her shoulders relaxing and I know that she must be loving the feeling.

When I finish treating her, I do myself and man, does it feel good! The itchiness is immediately relieved and I feel normal again. Chip then exits the tent and I follow him.

He begins to point out where every mind is and I take mental notes of them. I look up and see that all our supplies and food were stocked up into a pyramid... Perfect! "So how many days was I unconscious for? And who died?" I ask and he meets my gaze.

"Two days. Glimmer and the girl from 4 are dead." He says and I nod in agreement. I feel a familiar pair of small arms wrap around my waist and I turn around to see my favourite person in the world.

"Hey." I say and plant a quick kiss on her lips.

"I don't think we're doing too well on hiding our relationship." She giggles and returns a peck on my lips.

It starts to rain heavily and I laugh and lift her up in the air while spinning in a circle. Her laugh is one of the cutest things I'll probably ever hear in my life. Finally I begin to get dizzy and I set her back down on the ground and we kiss slowly but meaningfully for what feels like ages. In this moment, I know that this is the girl I want to be with forever. But sadly, that won't happen. I just wish this moment could last forever.

----------------------------------------------

(Clove's POV)

I can't wipe the smile off my face. I can see Marvel glaring at us from a distance, but I don't care. All I care about is right here in front of me. Cato. I love him.

He begins to tickle me like the way he did before the games and I laugh uncontrollably when his fingers find my neck and knees. "Cato! Stop!" I giggle but he continues. Then finally when I plant a kiss on his lips, he stops.

I remember the camera that was in my pocket and I take it out. While we kiss I take a picture and a flash blinds our eyes. "I love you." I say and look at the photo. Our heads formed the shape of a heart and it looked beautiful.

"I love you too. I hate to ruin the moment, but I think we should go inside the tent and change our clothes." He says and I look down at myself to see that I was drenched.

"Okay." I say and slip my hand in his as we walk back to the tent. The familiar warmth of his hand soothes me in the cold rain, I feel safe. He is the prince charming I've been waiting for all my life. And now that I finally have him, it breaks my heart knowing that only one of us will return. But it has to be him. Hopefully he will find a way to be happy, but he can't die. If he dies, I don't know what I'm going to do.

The anthem begins to play and I look up in the sky long enough to see that there were no deaths today. That's odd. I count on my fingers to find out how many tributes are left. Marvel, Me, Cato, Chip, the girl from 5, the boy from 10, Thresh, Rue, Fire Girl and Lover Boy. There's only ten of us left. The thought makes me shudder.

----------------------------------------------
Okay, so this is kind of a filler chapter but there's gonna be a whole bunch of drama in the next one I promise! Thank you guys for reading and please comment your opinions!! It would help me know what I need to improve/ continue doing!! Thanks! Oh and vote too while your at it ;) if you like it of course, if not then.. Awkward...

-madison xxoo