Part 28-We need to tell you something

TIME SKIP THREE DAYS

It was the following  Wednesday morning, Alexander was due to be released at any minuet.  John was giddy, he was pacing around the room waiting for the doctor to come back to the room.  Alexander sat on the bed and laughed at him.  Alexander had been acting much different lately, he wasn't itching to write, he wasn't stressing about work...or anything for that matter.   John had barely noticed, and even then he just brushed it aside. 

"Where is that doctor!" John said annoyed.

"John calm down, maybe you should have gone to school today." Alexander laughed, and John smiled at him.  John walked over and sat down lightly on the bed next to Alexander, wrapping his arms around the small frail Alexander.  

"John..." Alexander started.

"What is it my love?" John asked.

"I want to marry you." Alexander said softly.  John chuckled, squeezing Alexander a little closer to him. 

"Love, I think that' why I gave you a ring." John said, Alexander paused for a second thinking.

"No, John, like right now" Alexander paused, "John, I know that you really wanted a big wedding and all, but I just love you so much and I really just want you to be mine, this whole shooting thing really go me thinking and-" Alexander was cut off from his rambling by John planting a light kiss on his lips.

"Lex, I know what your saying...lets elope." John said after he pulled away.  Alexander gave John a huge hug and wiped away tears as the doctor waled into the room.

"Okay Mr. Hamilton, Your good to go!" the doctor said cheerfully.  

"Thank you so much!" both Alexander and John said, the two gather their bags and walk out of the hospital.  John had brought their car so they didn't have to taxi, John was driving and Alexander turned on the radio.  

After a bit of driving John pulls over and stops the car.

"Why'd you stop?"Alexander ask's, "Why are we at the city hall?"

"Lex, let' go get married." John says motioning to the building, he see's tears well up in Alexanders eye's.  

"John, I'm in pajama's!" Alexander said.

"Oh who care's...you look hot babe!" John joked.  Alexander nod's and the two get out of the car and rush up the steps and inside.  The only had to wait for a while before they got to the front of the line.

"Uh, w-we'd like a marriage license." John says laughing.  Alexander laughed to because it sounded like John was ordering food.  The lady at the counter asks for their ID's and signature, she types some stuff up and print's up two official marriage certificates. 

"Ooh and I'd like to change my name!"  Alexander pipes up, John nods along and the lady hands them two name changing sheet's and the certificates. John scribble out John Hamilton-Laurens  and Alexander writes neatly the name Alexander Hamilton-Laurens. They proudly hand the papers back to the lady and while while she makes it official.  John pulls Alexander into a deep kiss trying to to hurt his wound, Alexander kisses back.  The lady scoffs and they rush out of the building and back to the car.

When the two get home they automatically throw the bags onto the counter and have a good make out session.  After a few minuets John pulls Alexander into his arms and they lay on the couch and watch a cable movie. 

Halfway through the movie Alexander jumps up and goes to rummage through what used to be his room, but is now a storage room.  soon after Alexander walks back into the room, at this point John is sitting up watching him.

"We dont have any frames!" Alexander says looking as.  John laughs,

"Ill pick one up after work tomorrow" John says smiling.  Alexander snaps a picture of the certificates on the counter and texts them to his friends with no context.  

Around 10:00 am there's a loud knock on the door, John jumps up to answer it.  When the opens the door Eliza is standing there with Jame's arm round her.  John welcomes them in and they walk in.

"We want to tell you something." Eliza says cheerfully, "We were going to wait until your wedding or Christmas, but since your married now we wanted to give your gift!", James nods.

"What is it Eliza?" Alexander asks like a little child.  Eliza bites her lip and looks up to James who nods.

"Were giving you the baby!" Eliza cheers. Everyone is silent for a second, And then Alexander jumps up and pulls Eliza into a hug, John joins in and the all cry tears of joy.

~~~~~~ 

I was going to have the baby come in differently, but I liked this idea.  I hoped you like it too. Also I finally bought In The Heights, I've been listening to it on spotify. ---Kaay