Chosen

Peggy's POV.

Peggy walked into the tent to see Colonel Philips and Dr. Eirskin. They had called her there for a reason. It had been 4 months since the Super Soldier Program started. She missed Britain a lot and wished the war would end so she could go back. She was enjoying being over all the men though. She liked a challenge and she liked the respect.

"Colonel. You wanted me?" She asked him. He looked slightly disappointed and annoyed. "Yes Agent Carter. The doctor has decided who will be the first Super Soldier. Doctor." He motioned for the doctor to begin speaking.

"I have chosen the most obvious choice. Like I told you. I wanted a man with a good heart. A man of morality and selflessness. With all of this in mind I've chosen the one man I see fit to becoming a man of great power...." He continued. Peggy's eyes got bigger as she realized who he had picked. ".... Steve Rogers will be the worlds first Super Soldier." He announced proudly. "What?!" Peggy exclaimed. "He's the one. He is the best choice." He claimed. "If you put him through this experiment he could die!" She shouted.

"I know that and so does he. He agreed to this. When he joined us he knew it was a possibility that he would be chosen and he knew the risk." Doctor Eirskin explained. "Yes but-" "And I will do everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen." He finally insisted. She huffed. "Doctor you can't be serious. He's just a boy! He's naive! The only reason he agreed was so he could be in the army! He didn't think he would get chosen. You told me that yourself!" She exclaimed. "I know, but if we don't choose him then I will not give the serum to anyone else. It has to be Rogers. And...he is not a boy. He is a man."

She sighed. "Alright. I will let everyone know." She answered. She saluted the Colonel who was sitting, silently, shaking his head in frustration. She then left to go tell the troops. She couldn't help, but worry for Rogers. She walked out and blew her whistle. It was time to announce who had been chosen.

Steve's POV

Steve's POV.

Steve was in the barracks reading a book when the whistle blew, meaning the recruits had to line up for inspection. They all got up and stood at attention. The Sargent came in and told them to go out side and stand at attention. They all did as they were told.

Agent Carter came up to all of the recruits with a disappointed and slightly worried look on her face. Steve's eyebrows furrowed. 'What's going on?' He wondered. Doctor Eirskin came behind her and handed her a folder. She nodded politely. "Thank you." She whispered to him. She opened it, read it and sighed.

She then looked at the group of soldiers and took a small breath. "At ease, men." She spoke very gently to them all, which was very unusual for the young Agent. Steve along with the others, relaxed. She again sighed. Then took on a firm serious face of business.

"The SSR's Purpose from the beginning was to find the one man to become the worlds first Super Soldier. To do this, we looked for very particular qualities. The man was to have selflessness , maturity, kindness, responsibility, morality, and courage. All virtues of a good heart." She smiled sweetly.

She then took another deep breath. "The doctor has finally come with his obvious and at least understandable choice....Steven, Grant, Rogers..." she began. Steve looked up wide eyed. He walked up to her. All the other men made a path for him to walk through. They all gave him odd looks, but he ignored them. "Steve, Rogers reporting ma'am ." He addressed while at attention.

She smiled in what seemed as pity. "At ease soldier." He did as she said when he looked up at her he could tell she was worried. "Steve Rogers, congratulations. You have been chosen for the Super Soldier project. You will be the worlds first Super Soldier." She announced.

Steve eyes grew larger. He felt excited, proud, confused, nervous, overjoyed and relieved. He finally made it. He was going to be a soldier. His mouth wide open in disbelief, he looked up at the Agent trying to say something. She smiled and breathed a giggle. "Close your mouth, you don't want to catch flies." She slowly closed his mouth. "Congratulations Rogers." He nodded. "Th-thank you....Agent Carter." He answered.

"All of you are dismissed and should start packing as soon as possible, you will be sent to another camp to do your serving time." She ordered. They all nodded and grumbled off. Steve began to walk off. "Rogers! Wait. You will need to prepare for a debriefing on what is about happen." Agent Carter called.

He nodded

He nodded. "Yes ma'am." Then he turned and walked to the barracks. This was it he would be the worlds first Super Soldier.