First Days

Peggy's POV.

Steve had gone to hang out with Bucky, so Peggy was home with Michael. Peggy was still recovering from having the baby so she was quite bored. It had been a few days since they had brought Michael home. Peggy was sitting in the living room reading when she heard Michael crying. "Mommy's coming." She said.

She walked as fast as she could into the nursery. She went over to the cradle, leaned down and picked him up. She rocked him back and forth. "Shh. It's okay. Mommy s here. Are you hungry? Huh? How about we go eat some lunch. Okay?" She said in a small voice.

She walked into the living room and fed him his bottle. He was finally full, so Peggy put away his bottle, took him bake into the nursery and sat down in the rocking chair. She rocked back and forth, and began to sing to him.

Walt Disney's Cinderella had just come out about 3 years ago in 1950. Peggy had seen it once or twice, but one song stayed with her. A Dream Is A Wish. Peggy sang softly to her newborn son. He watched her closely, listening to his mothers voice and began drifting off to sleep. She smiled as she saw him fall asleep.

Peggy got up slowly still singing to Michael and laid him down in his cradle. She ended the song and smiled at her sleeping child. She could imagine what he would be like when he would get older. Playing in the yard, having friends over, looking up to his father and trying to be just like him. She wandered if he would look like Steve or if he would look like her when he got older. She knew that he would be as handsome has his father. She hoped that he would be proud of her and Steve.

Peggy walked out of the nursery and sat down on the couch. After a while the front door opened. "Hey, honey." Steve said. He walked over to her and kissed her softly. "How are you feeling?" He asked. Sh smiled. "Just fine. How was you time with Bucky?" He nodded and sat down. "Yeah, it was good. He's remembering alot more. And apparently...he's been seeing someone."

Peggy's eyebrows rose. "Really? Do you know who?" "He didn't tell me, but I have my suspicions." "Oh. You do, do you? Who do you think he's seeing?" Steve smiled mischievously. "Angie Martinelli." Peggy's mouth dropped. "Angie? They must have really liked one another." "I guess so."

"How do you know he's seeing Angie?" "Well, at the hospital they were acting quite strange, Bucky was starry eyed when he met her, and I saw his mortar cycle at the mansion the other day." "Oh. I see. I'll have to ask Angie about the next time I see her."

"Yeah. So, how's the baby?" "Just fine. He's sleeping right now." Steve pulled Peggy closer to him. She laid her head on his chest. They stayed like that for a while. "Everyone misses you at work." "I know. I'll be back soon. Hopefully. I'm getting so bored! I've had to be off work for months now." "I know, but you'll  be able to come back soon."

2 months later.

Steve's POV.

Some people were coming over to see the baby. Steve was helping Peggy out by watching Michael while she went to the grocery to get some food. Peggy was now back at work. He could tell that she was happy, but she hated leaving the baby. Usually Angie would watch Michael, but today was Saturday. So Steve was able to stay with him.

Steve was in the kitchen getting something to drink when he heard the baby cry. He walked out of the kitchen to the baby's room. He picked his son up and held him close. "Hey, Hey it's okay." He soothed, patting Michaels back. Steve walked around the room comforting the baby. The baby began to calm down looking at his father. Michaels tiny hand reached up to Steve's face. Steve smiled and looked at his wonderful son.