Good Luck

Steve's POV.

Today was the day Steve and his team would go out and begin the first step to taking down all the HYDRA bases. Steve was nervous. He had to admit it, but he knew they couldn't do it. They had to. The past two weeks had been like a dream to Steve. Nothing went wrong.

He was actually happy. He was respected, he had his best friend back, he had a new friend in Howard Stark, believe it or not, and best of all he had the best girl in the world as his girlfriend. Well kind of his girlfriend. He hadn't officially asked to court her yet, but today was the day. He was going to ask her. He had to, before he left on the mission.

Steve was looking at a map on the wall as he thought. "Hey buddy!" A man shouted from behind him, making Steve jump. He turned around to face Howard Stark. "Hi Howard." He said. "Hey, Cap. Why so jumpy? You nervous for today?" "I uh-that's not exactly what I'm nervous about." Steve answered. "Whatcha nervous about then?"

Well...Before I leave today I'm gonna ask Peggy to....court me." He said Howard smiled widely.
Well, congratulations Cap! Finally got hooked huh? Well...you found a lovely girl." "I know. I just...hope she feels the same way you know."

"Yeah, well with Peg...I mean Agent Carter, you have a right to be nervous. She's a tough gal. I mean she turned me down cold! Can you imagine! Me, Howard Stark the man every woman in America wants to have a chance with and when I flirted with her POW! Right in the eye." Steve laughed. "Well...I can't say she was wrong. You probably had it coming."

Howard looked down. "Well maybe, but still. She's a very unusual gal Steve. Your lucky." "Well She hasn't said yes yet." "True, but you two just work. I'm sure she knows it too. There's something special about both of you." Howard said with a grin. "Thanks." "No problem. I'll see ya later. Gotta get your gear packed up." Howard said as he walked away. Steve nodded. "Right. See ya."

A few hours later Steve had his new uniform on and had just got out of the lab when Peggy walked up to him. "Captain." She smiled. "Agent Carter." He smiled at her as well. They stood gazing into each other's eyes for a moment. Peggy cleared her throat and looked down, while blushing. "Um...I came here to tell you that the Colonel says they're ready for you." She said. "Alright. Thanks." Steve said warmly and began to walk off. Peggy walked with him.

"You...look very dashing." She hesitatingly said. Steve stopped in his tracks and looked at her. "Thank you." He blushed. "Your welcome." Steve knew he had to ask her and realized this was probably the best time. "Peggy..." he was interrupted by an officer walked right in between them. "Excuse me Captain, Agent Carter." He said as he passed. Peggy smiled at him. She then turned back to Steve with her eyebrows raised. "Yes?" She asked.

He gently grabbed the sides of her shoulders and looked her in the eye. "Look, Peggy. I know we haven't been seeing each other long, but I was wondering...." "Yes?" Steve locked his dry lips. "Peggy? Would you do me the honor of letting me court you?" He asked. Peggy's eyes lit up and she smiled. "Steve, your serious?" He nodded. "Yes! Yes I would love start courting you!" She exclaimed. Steve smiled widely. "Oh thank goodness!" He said with relief. Peggy laughed. "What?"

"It's just...I was so worried you would so no." "Steve why would I say no?" She asked. "Well I mean your so beautiful, and smart, and funny, and could easily get any guy you want. I just thought....why would you want a guy like me?" She smiled warmly. "Oh Steve, we've been over this remember? I love you because of who you are. And the person you are is a warm, sensitive, brave, good-hearted, respectful, generous,understanding, loving, and unselfish man. That's why I'd say yes." She said.

"I love you to." He said staring at her in awe. She smiled at him. They both leaned in slowly  and kissed. It was sweet and short, but meaningful. She pulled away slowly.

"I have something for you." She said. He watched as she ran over to her desk and pulled out a folder. She grabbed something out of it and walked back to him. "Here." She said and handed him a small picture. He furrowed his eyebrows and smiled at her as he took it. He looked down. It was a picture of Peggy. He gazed upon her picture.

"know it's kind of silly, but apparently having a picture of your love will bring you luck

"know it's kind of silly, but apparently having a picture of your love will bring you luck. And that's exactly what we need right now. I want you have it." Peggy said softly.

Authors Note: i actually have no idea if that's true, but I thought it would be sweet so yeah.;)

Steve suddenly felt an overwhelming wave of emotion. He looked up at the beautiful woman standing in front of him and smiled at her lovingly. "Thank you. Now I'll always have you with me." Peggy smiled lovingly at him. She leaned up and kissed him briefly. "Good luck." Steve breathed a slightly nervous laugh. "Thanks I'll need it." He said. She giggled. He then walked off.

Steve stopped at the doorway and pulled out his compass. There was a place to put a photo in the top of it. He placed the small photo in it and smiled.

"Captain!" Colonel Philips yelled

"Captain!" Colonel Philips yelled. Steve turned back to the door way. "On my way sir!"

Authors Note: just found this picture and thought t was so sweet! Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter!