Trust

Steve's POV.

It had been about a almost since Peggy and Steve had got engaged. Steve was at the moment on a mission. He and the team were in the woods, about to sneak into a HYDRA base. Steve heard a sound almost like someone walking through the woods. He gave a signal to get low and be quiet. They all got down and waited. The steps became clearer and clearer each second. Finally Steve made out a figure.

It was..."Peggy?!" Steve shouted in a whisper. She ran over to Steve. All the men stood up. "Steve! Colonel Philips sent me out to tell you...." she began out of breath. "Woah, woah... calm down." Peggy glared at him. "I am calm. I'm just out of breath. Look, your in danger. Apparently the mission had been compromised. HYDRA knows your coming!" Everyone looked at each other and then put into the woods.

Steve felt panic set in. "What?! How?" He asked. "We think there was a spy went into the meeting when we planned the mission. All we know is that we've already seen HYDRA forces heading your way. You need to get out of here. Now."

Steve thought. He looked around now expecting anything. He knew they probably wouldn't make it out in time. And if they tried they would probably get surrounded at the other end of the woods. "We've gotta stay."

"What?! Are you crazy? Steve you can't. They've sent out thousands of men..." "I know, but there's nothing else we can do. If we try to make a run for it they'll trap us. Like you said...they know exactly where we are. We have to stay and fight." He explained looking her in the eye. She sighed. "Alright."

He nodded and turned to the Howling Commandos. "Okay, here's the new plan. We stay here. We're ready for them now. I want two of you up on top as snipers... Buck you stay down here behind that rock. Dugan Behind that tree. Gabe behind those shrubs. I'll stand here when they come. You guys...when they all surround me give it to 'em. And Peggy..." He looked down at her. "I want you to get outta here."

She gasped at him. "Steve I am not just going to leave you here." She shouted. "Yes you are. I can't have you getting hurt. I love you and I know that you are the best agent...ever, but I need you to follow my orders for his one time and Get.Out. Of. Here."

"Steve I can help. You know I can. Let me do this. I've been trained for exactly this. Heck I trained you!" "Peggy I'm not going to argue get out of-" suddenly there was a sound of mortars and footsteps. "Great! They're here. Get behind me!" He yelled. "No Steve I-"

"Captain America...Halt!" A soldier yelled. Steve turned his head and saw a band of soldiers with a tank. "You are all alone? All you have is this...girl to fight with you?" The soldier ,who looked to be a general, asked sarcastically. Steve looked through the corner of his eye to see Peggy's reaction to what was just said. She didn't act too happy about it.

"This girl just so happens to through a good punch. I can demonstrate it to you personally if you'd like." She said overly and sarcastically polite. The man scoffed. "Please if I wanted that I would have already come down there and kissed you." He said. Steve's hand turned into a fist. And he glared at the general. He knew Peggy was probably firing mad.

"Surrender Captain. Your through." Steve shook his head smiling slightly. "No. Never. HYDRA will fall." The general smirked. "Fine. I gave you a chance. Now you will pay. For the damage you've caused HYDRA! Now!" Suddenly out of bushes and shrubs around them, HYDRA soldiers canes out with their weapons and surrounded the two. "Surrender Captain. Your surrounded. There's no hope." Steve looked at the general and spoke firmly and proudly. "There's always hope."