Guilt And Forgiveness

Steve's POV.

It had been about 5 months since Steve had brought Bucky back. He had found his own place and was going to therapy now. Peggy still hadn't warmed up to him. Steve couldn't blame her though. He had threatened her and the baby. Steve had tried to explain to Peggy that it wasn't him and that it was HYDRA, but it hadn't really helped.

Peggy was very pregnant now. She was just 5 months along, but was already huge. She complained constantly and hated not being able to work. She would frequently blame Steve for her discomfort which he found very amusing.

Steve was in the living room reading the news paper when Peggy came waddling in. "Hi sweetheart." "Don't sweetheart me. Because of you I was sick all last night and woke up with terrible back pain." Steve felt a smile tug at his lips. He tried to hold in a laugh. "It's funny how you blame me for all this." "Why shouldn't I?" "Well...I can give you a list if you want." She looked at him annoyed. "Okay. When a man and a woman...me and you love each other very-" "Stop! Stop! Okay it's not all your fault. Happy?"

He smiled. He got up and went to her putting his arms around her. "Very. In all seriousness though. How are you feeling?" He asked. Peggy sighed and layer her head against Steve's chest. "Better now." He swayed her back and forth. "Good."

"Are you going to see Sargent Barnes today?" "Yeah. Actually..." He pulled away from her. "You know I haven't forced you two to be together. I've actually tried to keep you two separated. I know how hard it was for you and I wanted you to have time, but honey...it's been 5 months."

Peggy sighed and turned away from Steve. "He's gotten much better in the last few months and he feels terrible about what he did. He loves us Peg. And this baby our baby will be like a niece or nephew to him." "Steve...you know how I feel about..." "Peggy, that wasn't Bucky!" Steve slightly shouted.

He noticed that she jumped slightly. He sighed. "I'm sorry dear I didn't mean yell. It's just....Bucky's my best friend. And when he did all that...I was angry too, believe me, but I had to realize that the person who did that was a creation of HYDRA. Bucky's back. He's no longer the Winter Soldier." "Steve-"

"Please just try to give me him a chance. And if he does anything to hurt you or the baby...I personally will throw him out. And will have him out under lock and key. I doubt that tuition will arise though." She sighed again and turned towards him. "Alright. I'll try. Now what is it that you want exactly?" He smiled at her. "I was wondering if we could have him over for dinner tonight?" "I don't see why not Of course." "Thank you darling. I promise he's a completely different man now." "Alright."

Steve left to meet Bucky. When he got there Bucky smiled at him and gave Steve a friendly hug. "Hey man." "Hey Buck." "What are ya doin' here?" Steve took a deep breath. "I came to invite you to dinner tonight." "Wha-Steve I can't." "Why?" "Peggy. I know how she feels about me. I don't want to make her uncomfortable. Honestly don't worry about it. I understand why she feels he way she does."

"Bucky, Peggy's okay with it. She told me so herself. She understands that you couldn't help it." Bucky sighed. "Are you sure?" "Yes." "Okay I'll come." Steve smiled widely. "Great! Let's go." Bucky nodded. They began to walk to Steve car. "Wait till you taste Peggy's cooking." "That good huh?" "Oh, yeah. The best."

Peggy's POV.

Peggy had the table set and the food ready. She went into her bedroom and changed into a loose fitting, pink, maternity top and some white pants. She put her hand on her bump. She felt herself smile a little. Just then she heard the front door close. "Peggy we're home!" "Coming darling!"

As she walked down the hall she heard he and Bucky talking. She smiled. She knew how happy Steve was to have his best friend back. She at least needed to give Bucky a chance.