Scared

Authors Note: Point of views will change a lot during this chapter for effect. It's something I usually don't do. I hope you enjoy.

Peggy's POV.

After leaving Steve, Peggy took a taxi to the Stork Club. She was meeting Daniel there for a date. She felt terribly guilty for leaving Steve. Honestly she didn't want to leave. She wanted to stay there with him and be there for him. Was that wrong? She had seen how hurt he looked when she said no to staying. Had he heard her confess her feelings while he was in the coma?

Her feelings.... She had told him she was inlove with him. And that she regretted braking the engagement, but she was with Daniel now. She was happy. Had she only said those things out of panic and stress? It must have been. She loved Daniel and that was that. She cared for Steve immensely, he was her friend, just as she had told Daniel. Her feelings...

Peggy walked over to a booth where Daniel was. Daniel smiled at her. She shook off the thoughts. How could she not love this man. He was wonderful. "Hi." "Hey!" Daniel greeted standing up. He kissed her cheek. She sat down across from him. "So...how's Captain Rogers?" He asked in concern. She smiled. "Actually he just woke up." She said looking down while putting her napkin on her lap. "Peg! That's great!" He said happily. "Yes. It is isn't it." "When did he wake up?" "About an hour and a half ago." She answered.

The waitress came over. Peggy ordered and then Daniel did the same. After the waitress left Daniel began talking about Steve again. "That's great Peg. I know your happy." He smiled. She smiled unsurely. "Yes...I suppose I am." He gave her a questioning look. "What's goin on Peg?" "Nothing." "Yes there is. Now tell me." She sighed. "I don't know really. I suppose I'm just tired from all the stress." She lied.

The truth was, she kept having second thoughts about her relationship with Daniel now that Steve was back. She knew it was silly, but she couldn't stop thinking about him. Maybe it was just the happiness of him being back. Whatever it was...it scared her. She was Agent Peggy Carter! She was strong. She wouldn't act this way.

"I see." Daniel answered. "Well, its all over now. He's back. And there's nothing to worry about." He said reassuringly.

He intertwined there fingers

He intertwined there fingers. She smiled at him. "I know."

"Hey you know what? Tomorrow you and I should bring him down to the SSR and you can take him to the records room and help him catch up. Her eyes widened. "Me? Why me? I'm sure Howard wouldn't mind helping him." She answered nervously. "Peggy, like you said your his best friend. I'm sure he'd want you to help him out." Peggy sighed. "Alright. I'll do it." She smiled slightly. "Good. Oh look our food's here."

Steve's POV.

The next day Howard dropped Steve off at the secret SSR building. He walked in and found Peggy and another man waiting for him. Steve smiled at Peggy. "Hi." She smiled awkwardly. "Hello Steve."