18. Compliments

Trisha's POV

  After that incident, I was blushing all the day, whenever there was his name called out by his mother or his glimpse or mentioning his name in the conversation. I was blushing even while listening any romantic song or while thinking of him.

  We were going to meet that evening to check the preparations of the Diwali celebration which was day after tomorrow, that is on the third day of Diwali.

  Only the thought of meeting him, was making me so excited and nervous, I don't know why.

  It was almost 5:30 pm when I started getting ready. I was in the same outfit. But my hair were wet in the morning while making rangoli. So I combed it neatly, doing some curls. Then applied some mascara and eyeliner which will give my black eyes a sweet but confident look with some blush and Lakme's burgundy burn shade lipgloss which will give me simple and natural look. My mom always said that I look beautiful in natural makeup. And I personally like the way I look naturally, so I preferred being natural by doing a light makeup.

  We all mate at the corner of the lane and headed towards the society hall. The preparations were good. We exited after an hour with the satisfaction. It was 7:15 pm and we had to go back to our homes.

  After going home, I placed the lamps, switched on the lantern. Tomorrow was going to be a special day for me as I was going to be a legally adult person. Yes, I was going to be eighteen years old. I was very much excited. 

Tomorrow morning there was a small celebration in the dance class for my birthday. My besties were going to come. We are going to be together for the whole day. Then in the evening, my society friends were going to be there for the celebration. And I was going for the dinner with my family and close relatives. It was like a big birthday and there would be four cakes I will have to cut overall in the day. Besides that, I was waiting for the calls going to come at 12 o'clock. So many presents, so many blessings and so much fun..

  That night, I couldn't sleep. As I was waiting eagerly for the first call, I looked at the wall clock. Ten seconds for 12 o'clock.

  Nine.. Eight..Seven... Five...

  Tring..Tring..Tring..Tring..

  I woke up with the sound of ringtone of my phone. I don't know when I slept. I looked at the screen. It was Ovee. There was a contact picture on the screen of me and her. It was taken by Ira in a park at the evening near of small waterfall.

  I picked up.

  " Hello," I could hear my sleepy voice.

  " HAPPY BIRTHDAY SLEEPYHEAD!!"
Ovee screamed from the other side.

  " Thanks," There was a genuine broad grin on my face.

  " I can't believe, you slept. Like seriously? I thought you were waiting for my call." She said with a slight fake disappointment.

  I chuckled in the response.

  " Anyway, we are going to come at 11 o'clock. Be ready and this time wait for us with the eager." She reminded me.

  " Yup, and don't forget my present or you have to stand outside the whole day." I badinage.

  " Oh, we're gonna come with your favourite cake. So think over it again, Darls." I could imagine her saying that with a wink.

  " Come soon. I'm waiting for you all." I said as I looked at the screen to find that Ira was calling me. " See you tomorrow, Ira's calling me."

  " Okz.. bbye.. and happy birthday again.. Love you.." She gave a flying kiss before ending up the call.

  Ira and then Kriya wished me and then I slept with content.

***

  " Good morning, Sweety. Love you dear." I woke up with my mom dad's sweet and loving voice with two kisses on my cheeks. I smiled, my eyes were still closed. And stretched out in order to get away from the sleep.

  " Thanks Mom. Thanks Dad.. Love you too." With that I opened my eyes. It was 5 o'clock. It was still Diwali so I had to wake up at that time.

  I did what I did yesterday and headed towards my dance class at seven o'clock. There was a dance program which was after a month so though it was Diwali, I had to go for the practice. After the practice, I cut the yummy chocolate cake. My friends sung the happy birthday song. They gave me presents. I touched the feet of my Guru and took the blessing.

  When I came to the home, it was 11:20 and my besties were arrive. After some chit chat, I cut the cake made by Kriya, which was delicious. White based cake with the pineapple jelly on it and cherry on the top. A wafer biscuit on which happy birthday was written and 'Tris' and '18' on the top of the cake with the vanilla icing. I was so overwhelm with all this. Then they gave me the presents and blessings. We celebrated my birthday in my house. Mom made my favourite sweet dish, Gajar Halwa. We clicked so many photos in my garden, on the terrace.

  It was time for them to leave. I hugged them and waved good bye as they went. Now it was half an hour left before the meeting with the society friends. I touched up the makeup and combed the hair again.

  We mate. There were Shriya, Lara, Sushant and me. They wished me. Anand and Ved were going to come. Anand was in the gym. He would be here anytime and I didn't know about Ved. After some time, Anand came and wished me. I was waiting for Ved to come. Then, I saw his bike coming. There was a bag hanging on a handle. He stopped beside me and climbed down, taking off the helmet. Oh God, why does he have to look so good? He smiled at me. A genuine broad smile with his oh God dimples.

  " Happy birthday, sunshine," He raised his hand in front of me for a shake hand.

  " Thank you," I took his hand and accepted the wish.

  His hand was as usual, warm, comforting. I felt butterflies in the stomach and unknowingly blushed.

  " You're looking gorgeous," He said with a beautiful smile, still eloping my hand with his.

  Another compliment? What's going on?

  " Thanks," I could feel the heat on my cheeks.

  " Hmmmm.." All coughed together, like they have decided that.

  " What?" He looked at Shriya with a poker face.

  " Nothing. Just, now a days people are often complimenting each other, right Lara?"

  " Yeah.. It seems like that." Lara made a giggle and winked at him.

  He rolled his eyes. " Complimenting people who deserves a compliment is a normal thing. And she is looking amazing. So she deserves it." He winked at me.

  What? Another compliment? What's with his compliments?

  " Umm.. Thanks.. again" I said on his comment to avoid the conversation.

  " So, are you gonna cut the cake?" He asked while taking the cake box and placing it on Shriya's porch.

  At the dinner, I couldn't help but think about the evening celebration. I was absent minded through out the dinner. The only thought in my mind was.. His handshake.. His touch.. His compliments.. and his feeding a piece of cake to me while wishing.

  What's going on? Where my life is taking me? What should I think? What should I assume?

  Urgh.. it's so confusing..

   Hey guys, this is the new chapter. Hope you'll enjoy it. Tell me how's it. If you like it, please vote for me. You vote means a lot to me. Love you all ;-) TheFlyingIdeas