19. Are You

Trisha's POV

It was the third day of Diwali which also means the day of lights. We were all excited. All plans were ready. After my birthday celebration, we planned for the light festival. We were going to leave for it on 3:30 am.

As per the plan, we met in front of Shriya's home at 3:30 am. We have taken Ved's, Anand's and Sushant's bikes. Ved was wearing a grey coloured sweatshirt and black jeans with the black Nike shoes while as per the plan, I was wearing a sky blue long sleeved anarkali on which there was delicate white chicken work. Lara,Shriya and I was going to wear Anarkali suits. Shriya and Lara were sitting behind Anand and Sushant as they both scares of speed. And I was the only one who can handle this speed without freaking out as I was used to with it. Credit goes to my dear hero, my Dad. So, I had to sit behind Ved. We headed towards the park.

We were ahead of all the others as the speed was so fast. No one was talking. Complete silence. I decided to break it and started the conversation, remembering my love expert Em's advice.

" Are you always like this or is this a special treatment for me?" I asked.

" What do you mean?" He said with a frown.

" I mean do you really talk that less or this happens only when I am with you?" I said, raising one eyebrow.

" Umm.. i-it's not like.. that." He coughed and found for the words.

There was something wrong with him since day before Diwali. It's like he wanted to say something, there was something in his eyes which were saying something but it was hard to figure it out because he was constantly hiding them. There was definitely something going on in his secretive head. So I decided to extend it a little bit more.

" Really? Then what was with those sudden compliments? And now, you are behaving like a complete stranger. One time you showered me with compliments and the next time you become taciturn."

Oh my God! For the first time in forever, I have said something this big to Him. Good start Tris!

I mentally patted my back.

" I- There's... "

" OMG! The Ved Gokhale is stammering!? Don't mind, I am just kidding.. By the way, where are the others? I can't see them. I think th-"

" Ow.. what was that?"

" Uh.. A speed breaker.."

And then I realised, my one hand was on his shoulder and one was around his waist. And more specifically, we were so much close to each other. I was pinned to his back. I could feel warmth in my whole body. His body shivered from my touch. I awkwardly separated myself and cleared the throat.

" I-It was quite a big speed breaker.." He tried to break the awkward silence.

" Y-Yeah.. Quite big.."

He took a left turn and then a small right turn to park the bike.

" We made it." I climbed down and waited for everyone.

Soon everyone arrived. We headed in the park. Making our way down from the huge crowd, we came over the grassland. It was dark everywhere and people were sparse. So we started releasing sky lanterns into the sky with hopes towards a Hindu new year. Then the National anthem played. We roamed around the park. It was getting crowded now since it was 6 am. People were coming with the flow and we had to walk holding each other's hands or we could get lost. Coincidentally my hand got into his hand. Again that warmth, that electric sparks and that butterflies in my stomach.. We were so close and was getting bumped into each other often because of the crowd. His Cologne.. the woody aromatic fragrance.. It was so seductive.. I was blushing the whole time.