29. Yours..

Trisha's POV

  Four months passed. In these four months, the wedding preparations were in full swing. All were so busy in shopping of wedding favors, clothes, jewellery and bookings for banquet, caterer, invitation cards, priest..

  And in all this, hardly anyone was letting me help them. So I was mostly free and so was he, which was beneficial for us. We were getting enough time to spend. But this special treatment was only for the last one and half month. Because as the preparations started, we both had to involve in it. Of course, it was fun. We were enjoying every moment of our wedding preparations. First we went for the banquet booking. We have seen the websites and have short listed it but thought of visiting the place personally. The last banquet hall we visited was beautiful in every way. The price rate was also worthy. The caterer we were preferring was attached to the banquet. So it was convenient. The decoration ideas were also interesting and approving. We would be idiots if we hadn't choose it.

The next thing was jewellery. We both went to the jewellery shop with our moms. After buying and ordering some jewellery, we moved to buy wedding clothes. His father's friend was the owner of one of the big shopping center. So the best wedding creations we got. The next day, we both went to buy wedding favors. A big list was given to us for both sides. And the other small preparations like photographer, videographer, mehndi designer, makeup artist, hairstylist etc.. etc.. etc. So..

The banquet and caterer booking – ✔
Jewellery shopping – ✔
Outfit shopping – ✔
Wedding favors – ✔
Photographer and videographer – ✔
Make up and hairstylist – ✔
Mehndi designers – ✔
Invitations – ✔
Priest – ✔

Bride – ✔
Groom – ✔

  Not only wedding preparations were going as the pre wedding rituals were also there.

  ***

  Today was the haldi and mehndi ceremony. The ritual started in the dawn. My mom, both grandmas, Meera, other cousins, aunts were going to be there. As I woke up, my phone buzzed. It was him on the video call. I quickly combed my hair with hands and rubbed them on the face.

  " Good mo-morning.." I received the call and greeted him while yawning. He was looking sexier after just waking up. He chuckled. " Good morning.. You look hotter after just waking up." He said smirking. I blushed and to change the topic I asked him what was going on there.

  " Haldi preparations. 'Will go down in some minutes." " Hmm.." I barely could say while yawning. He chuckled again. " Only because of you." I blamed him for my condition. We were talking late night because he wasn't getting sleep. He laughed. " Ok.. call you later. Have to go now. And don't you wanna go too?" " Yea.. I've to get up now too."

  After freshing up, I went in the hall for the ceremony. " Ah.. here she's. I was just going to call you." Mom said. A small stool was placed on the middle of the hall. I sat there. The rituals started. One by one, all women applied the turmeric paste on my face. The turmeric paste is good as it gives the glow to skin. My cousin brother went with that turmeric paste to exchange the haldi with his. According to the tradition, the bride and groom applies the exchanged haldi. So after applying his haldi, and sending a picture of mine having turmeric paste on me, I went to take the shower. I was really glowing after that. When I came out, he has sent me his picture and has commented on my photo by simply two emojis of smiling faces with heart eyes and two of faces with blowing kiss. I blushed and complimented him too.

  The bangles vendor was going to come in afternoon. So I spend my time by practicing the dance, listening the songs and reading books. At three o'clock or something, she came with the green glass bangles. Fifteen ladies in our relation were invited. The bangles purchasing ended at quarter past five. So many varieties were there with her. I chose mine and put them with the jewellery. At five in the evening, three mehndi designers came. I sat first as I was the bride and it will take time for my mehndi. Giving both hands to each of them, I started chatting with Meera. My cousin brother was taking candid photos. A silent song was playing on the music player. The mehndi designers were quite fast.

  " Do you like us to write the name of the groom?" One of them asked looking at me and then Meera.

  " Oh! Yeah.. of course.." Before I could speak something, Meera enthusiastically gave the permission. I gave her the 'There-is-no-need-of-this' kind of look. She gave his name. After drawing mehndi on hands they started drawing mehndi designs on feet. It was time for the dinner. I was sitting in one side, watching others as my mehndi was done. My cousin brother was feeding me and Meera when my phone rang. He took it and I read the caller ID. It was him. He picked up the phone and hold it near my ear for me. I signaled him and went inside, clutching the phone between my ear and shoulder with him. He set it for the video call in front of me and went closing the door behind him.

  " Hi.." He smiled at him.

  " Hi beautiful," He winked

  " I can hear voices behind you." "Yeah, and seems that they are gonna come till late night. I want to sleep but I don't think they'll let me sleep peacefully." He sighed. I laughed and shook my head.

  " Listen, can we meet tomorrow?" He asked. " Tomorrow!? But–" I was surprised. " Please.. If it was possible, I would've come to meet you right now.. but.. I'll wait till tomorrow morning. Please?" He was sounding serious. " What happened?" I asked with a concern. " I don't know.. just wanna meet you, talk to you.." He said. "Ok.. I'll ask Miyra.. she can tell my mom she's taking me at her place. We can meet there at ten in the morning, okay?" I said with a small smile. "Okay.." He looked satisfied.

  " By the way, aren't you gonna show me your mehndi?" He asked with a grin. I love seeing him smiling. I showed him the mehndi. "Meera made me to let them write your name." I said smiling and shaking my head. "Ah! So let me see where's my name?" He tried to search it but I put my hand down. " Nop! Not now.. wait for two days.. then you can search it." I said teasing him. He made a face which made him look more attractive. I laughed. " Anyways, I'll let you know about tomorrow after talking to Miyra..–" " Tris, are you going to come outside and finish your dinner or you're full after chatting?" Meera said sarcastically. " Yeah I'm coming." I said. " Talk to you later. 'night.. " After saying our good buys, I went outside, finished my dinner, called Miyra, texted him and then went up to sleep.

  As I climbed up on my bed, I stared at my hands.. mehndi of his name.. today, I applied his haldi, wore the bangles for him, drew mehndi of his name.. after two days, I'll be his.. and he'll be mine.. two hearts, one soul.. I mentally called myself an idiot of thinking this clingy, cheesy line and turned on a side, closing eyes and thinking about what he wants to tell me. I didn't know when I drifted off to sleep.

  Hey guys, this is the new chapter of  ...And He Said... I hope you like it. You can vote and comment if you like it or if you wanna make some suggestions. I'll definitely consider them. Your votes means a lot for me. So please consider it. Enjoy. Love you all ;-) TheFlyingIdeas