Chapter Eight- A Solo Party

"Ben worries me" Leia said at a family party that Rey and Ben were at .

Ben was with the other men talking.
Rey was sitting with Leia , the only other non-solo at this party .

"What do you mean?" Rey asked taking a sip of her ice tea.

"He's too much like Han ... he , he needs to focus on one thing at a time"

"What does Ben need to focus on ?" Rey asked the older woman.

"You" Leia stated "you've been together for over 10 years ... you live together ... I know you lost your virginities on his Spider-Man sheets ... "

"Leia -"

"He needs to make a move ... seriously" she shook her head "don't you want kids ? And a marriage ?"

"I do... we were talking about this the other day... Ben said he thought about the future ... moving into the O'Neal house and having some kids... he said nothing of marriage "

"He's like Han" Leia sighed. "I worry ..."

"That you'll never be a grandmother ?"

"Yes... Ben ... I talk to him and yet he doesn't do anything about it... Han and I want some damn grandkids ... Luke and Mara have grandkids I don't see why I can't... and I have only one child so he better hurry up... but no bastard grandchildren" Leia shook her head.

"That's what I told him" Rey said and sighed "I know he has the ring... yours and Padmè's ... he was drunk and he told me..."

"And ?"

"He doesn't soberly know I know ... he was drunk and he told me not to tell Rey so-"

"He's an idiot" Leia said "excuse me I need to use the bathroom" she said and walked off.

Rey sat at her table and watched as Ben and some of his younger cousins began to play .

Due to his talk height he was able to hold them on his arms and back as they attacked him with tickles .

Rey's heart swelled and she sighed . "How you doing sunshine ?" Han asked taking Leia's seat.

"Alright" she lied.

"My son still being stupid ?"

"As always" Rey told him.

"Listen ... I don't know ... but ... have you ever thought of telling him?"

"And how would you've reacted if Leia told you?" She asked smirking. Han was silent and she shook her head "exactly"

Han kissed her forehead in a fatherly fashion and walked off. She checked her phone .

Finn: So Mr. And Mrs. Dameron are not pregnant... but they are trying...

Rey: I'm sorry ...

Rey sighed ... maybe ... maybe Ben wasn't happy anymore , maybe he  wanted kids and o get married ... maybe just not with her.

Rey shook her head and walked over to him . "Ben I want to go" she said.

"Babe you okay ?" He asked putting his hand softly in her arm.

"Fine I want to go... now"she tapped her foot.

"Okay let me say goodbye-"

"Now Ben" she said and walked out of his Aunt's house .

Ben followed her and started the car. On the drive back he notice she was silent and staring out the window .

"Babe ? You okay -"

"Just fine Ben " she replied coldly . Ben sighed and kept driving till they reached their house .

"Rey..." he said when they parked .

She left the car and walked up the stairs to their apartment. The second she got in she walked to their bedroom and locked the door.

She came back about 12 minutes later and Ben was feeding BB. "Babe ? What's with the suitcase ?"

"I need to stay with Finn for s couple days ... I'll see you in a couple days" she said and walked to the door.

"Babe ... what's wrong?" He asked her stopping her before she got to the door.

She put her bag down and held out a box "maybe the fact that this ring has been sitting in your fucking Nights and for over two months and you haven't asked us the problem !" She snapped.

"Rey -"

"You were drunk and told me ... " she sighed "I'm leaving -"

"No ... you need to let me-"

"You don't control me Ben" she told him.

"Rey !" He said "I get to explain myself And ask questions ... why did you take this out ?"

"What haven't you asked me to marry you?" She asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"Because I'm not ready" Ben told her.

"I'm going -"

"No Rey !" He said and dropped on one knee "marry me !" He said holding the box out.

"I don't want your pity proposal" she snapped . "Ben when you propose to the next girl ... try not to lead her on for ten years " she said and grabbed her keys "I'll be back in a couple days-"

"Why are you going ?" He asked.

"Because I can't stand to look at you!" She told him and walked out of the apartment, slamming the door on her way out.

Ben threw the television remote across the room and ruined a vase. He saw the box on the floor and punched a wall , causing his knuckles to bleed and his hand to throb.

-A.N.-
*dabs*
-Joey