Stressful Night and Day

Clarke's POV
I'm awoken by the cries of my 4 day old daughter. We brought her home 2 days ago. It's been stressful, but Bellamy and I have our schedule down.

He gets up and then I'll get up or we'll both get up because we can't sleep, but it just keeps alternating. It's my turn now. She's next to me in her pack and play because of my stitches.

The doctor says that I'll be fine soon, but for now I just have to take it easy. I sit up carefully and I grab Elliana from her bassinet. We have bottles and everything close enough for me to grab it for her.

It's only 2 in the morning and she doesn't usually go back to sleep till like 2:40. I honestly try and get her to go to bed faster, but that just doesn't work. She is stubborn and Bellamy says it's because of me.

"Shhh, it's okay. Elli. Shh baby girl." I say rocking her in my arms

For a 4 day old baby she's got a set of lungs on her. I grab the bottle and put it in her mouth. She immediately stops crying. She also likes to eat. A lot.

I watch as she finishes her bottle and she chugs it fast, but she still won't sleep. She just looks around the dark room. I don't know how she does it.

I put a burp cloth over my shoulder and start to burp her. Sometimes she burps and other times she doesn't it's again she's a stubborn little baby or it's just because she doesn't have gas.

Tonight it was pretty good. After I burped her I set her back in her bassinet and the minute I set her down she is out like a light.

That's probably the fastest she's fallen asleep

That's probably the fastest she's fallen asleep. I love having her next to me it makes me feel like she's actually safe. I'm gonna use her room don't get me wrong, but I just don't like that she's alone in her room.

Especially, with Allie out there. I don't like that. I lay down and Bellamy puts his arms around me again. I smile and then I'm out like a light, but that didn't last very long.
••••••
Elliana woke up five times last night. I have know idea why because she would always just slept the night away, but last night Bellamy and I got zero sleep whatsoever.

It's 7 in the morning and we finally got her to go back to bed.

I put her down in her bassinet careful not to wake her up. I rub my eyes and flip back down into the bed. I hear the toilet flush and out walks a half asleep Bellamy.

He looks like he could just flop down on the floor and be comfortable. He flops down onto our bed and groans.

"Bell if you're that tired just sleep. She's finally asleep so we can sleep." I say

"No, I can't sleep. I try to sleep, but the minute I do she just wakes up again." He says into his pillow

I turn on my side and he turns to face me.

"If you're not gonna sleep then I am so wake me up if you need me." I say and close my eyes letting sleep over take me
-----
Bellamy's POV
Clarke falls asleep the minute she closes her eyes. I sit up and watch my girls sleep. Clarke and Elliana really sleep the same way.