CIM.27 - Confirmation

It all happened so fast. Next moment, I was crying with Tia, the next moment, I was inside a hospital's waiting room crying. Gonzalo Mora was shot on his left shoulder but he's gonna be okay. Eos Demitri was declared D.O.A.

And Tia...

Tia's gone. She was shot near her left chest. It damaged a vein in her heart and it raptured. The doctor declared her dead at 21:19. I was crying. I don't know what to do. Naiwan sa akin ang mga gamit ni Tia. Her earrings, her bracelet, her diamond anklet, her valentinos... Nandito sa akin lahat pero hindi ko pa rin alam kung anong gagawin ko. I know that I have to call her family but what will I say to them?

How can I break Mama Hera's heart? It's already broken and I don't want to hurt her.

But I have to call. I have to make the call. My hands were shaking as I type a text message and I sent it to the three Vejar Brothers – Apollo, Achilles and Percy. Kung sino na lang sa kanila ang maunang dumating. I can't tell Uncle Hades. I can't tell Mama Hera – Apollo needs to be the one to tell her.

Thirty minutes later, I saw the twins and Percy walking to the corridors. Para silang nag-uunahan. Wala naman akong sinabi sa text kundi kailangan ko silang tatlo. Binatukan pa ng kambal si Percy habang naglalakad para silang dalawa ang mauna. Nang mapansin nila ako ay sumeryoso silang tatlo at lumapit sa akin. Yakap ko ang mga gamit ni Tia.

"Ikeng, anong nangyari sa'yo?" Si Percy ang nagtanong. Naupo siya sa tabi ko. "Bakit duguan ka?"

"Who did this to you?" Apollo asked.

"Maze, you have to tell us what happened to you." Achill tapped my shoulder. Maybe that was my cue, napahagulgol na kasi ako nang malakas nang maramdaman ko ang hawak ni Achill sa braso ko.

"Tia's gone..." Hirap na hirap akong sambitin ang mga salitang iyon. Natahimik silang tatlo.

"Yes, she's gone. She's in New York." Natatawang sabi ni Percy. Dinig ko ang tibok ng puso ko. "Katatawag niya lang kay Mama sa Skype kaninang umaga. They were talking about the weather and then Tia talked to me. She told me she loved me. She's in New York. Sabi pa nga niya, suotin ko daw one of these days iyong suit na binili niya sa akin last year."

Lalo akong napaiyak.

"She's gone." Wika ko.

"What do you mean by that?" Tanong ni Achill. "Alam naming wala siya kasi nasa New York siya."

Sa kakaiyak ko ay nailaglag ko iyong supot kung saan nakalagay ang mga alahas ni Tia. Pinulot ni Apollo iyon and he stared at the plastic for a long while.

"I gave her this anklet for her college graduation." His voice was dark and empty. "Why do you have this, Mazikeen?"

"Tia's gone." Ulit ko.

Natahimik ang lahat.

"She was shot near her heart. It raptured her heart. She literally died of a broken heart." Muli akong napahagulgol. "I'm sorry! I called you here because I can't call Papa Hades and tell her that his little girl is gone. I can't. Tia's gone! She's dead. She's dead..."

Niyakap ako ni Achilles. Mahigpit. Dama ko ang panginginig ng katawan niya. Hinaplos – haplos niya ang likod ko. Maya-maya ay naramdaman kong tumayo si Percy.

"Stop!" He hissed. "Stop this foolishness! Tia isn't dead! Yes, she's gone but she's breathing! Nasa New York siya! She's taking a break from it all! She's alive and I will prove to you that she is fucking alive! Pupunta ako sa New York ngayon!"

Percy walked out. Tinawag siya ni Apollo pero hindi naman siya nagpapigil. Naupo si Apollo sa tabi ko. Ako naman ay iyak pa rin nang iyak sa tabi ni Achilles.