XXV

Edward and Bella were away on their honeymoon abroad, their second day away. Edward didn't tell anyone except Alice where they were going. Which kind of sucked for me. I should have known where my big sister was going away to. I could have given some really cool advice, even though I am the younger sister.
I was home by myself, since the other three wanted to avoid helping me with dishes and went grocery shopping, when a knock at the door brought me from my reverie of dish washing.
Throwing the red hand towel over my shoulder as I dried my hands, I opened the door to see Professor McGonnigal, Mrs Weasley and Kingsley crowded on my front porch. Really conspicuous, guys. Good job.
I sputtered a little in shock. "Oh, hi!"
"Miss Swan," Kingsley greeted. "We must speak with you. It's urgent." Kingsley has always been the person that took the least amount of bullshit and pleasantries. The only person who took less was Moody and...
I let them inside and locked the door before my thoughts could wonder even more.
I leaned against my kitchen counter, my arms crossed. "Is everything alright?"
"In the Forbidden Forest..." Molly trailed off. "People have been going missing. Volunteer wizards and witches there to help rebuild. They're being kidnapped."
"Merlin," I frowned as I shook my head.
"By what?"
"That's exactly why we need you to come back," Kingsley spoke. Did they think I was going to get the point?"
"But I don't understand why..."
"We need you to come back," Minerva said. "We need your help. To figure out what these things are."
"But Professor I can't-"
"Hey Baby," Paul opened the door and stopped short at the sight of Mrs Weasley and two foreign wizards. "Oh. Am I interrupting something?"
I shook my head frantically. I needed him to be here right now. "No. Not at all."
Paul walked in and moved next to me. "Hi, Mrs Weasley," he smiled at Molly.
She returned a small smile to him. "Hello, Paul, Dear."
I set my hand on his arm. "Paul, this is Minerva McGonnigal, an old professor," they shook hands before I gestured to Kingsley. "This is Kingsley Shacklebolt. He's an old... friend," I quirked my brow with a smile at the tall void man.
"Is everything alright?" Paul inquired. I think he could tell as soon as he walked in that everything wasn't alright but I wasn't going to say anything.
"People are disappearing," Molly explained. "We need Meredith to come back to Hogwarts. Just so we can understand what's going on. Two days at tops."
"Is it safe for her to be there?" Paul inquired. "I'm not sure about this..."
"From what we've seen so far, it's a few stragglers of magical creature or Voldemort disciples." Kingsley spoke. "It's nothing Meredith can't handle. She's handled far worse in less time,"
"I'm alright if you go," Paul reassured, having confidence in me, and I nodded before I looked at the three mentors of my childhood.
"Yeah. I'll go."
We spent the rest of the day discussing plans, and when the other three came home, fries in a styrofoam box for me, clearly from the local diner, there was a big reunion for the new people that were back in our lives.
I managed to escape to my room eventually. Everyone seemed occupied enough and I slipped away. I needed some time. This would mean more death more pain. I should be balancing this not tipping the scales.
When I escaped to my room, I felt alone. I needed to feel alone yet at the same time, being alone scared the hell out of me. I love my school. I had so many experienced and memories there. But holy hell. People were disappearing.
Why was it my responsibility? I may be an all powerful being, but I want my own life. I want to be free and not tired down.
"I know you're scared," I heard and turned to see Harry standing in the doorway, his hands at his sides. "It's scary to be singled out like this. We've been singled out since birth, Meredith. You know how we've been treated."
He was right. People have given us a hell of a lot of problems for being who we are. It was something we got used to but we always hated it.
I pressed my body against the wall, moving to sit down as a single tear slid down my face
"I talked to Snape again," I confessed after he took a seat next to me.
It made me relieved that he didn't ask me how. "How'd that go?"
"He was hurting a lot. Emotionally, I mean." I explained as I blinked back tears. "I think he did care for you. More than he'd admit."
"He cared for my Mum," Harry shook his head and I turned to him.
"No, Harry. It was you."

Hiiiiii everyone!!!Clary here!I'm bringing some conflict in with Paul soon

Hiiiiii everyone!!!
Clary here!
I'm bringing some conflict in with Paul soon. Probably next chapter. When she goes to Hogwarts I'm going to only have it be about a half a chapter since she'll be so preoccupied with what's going on with her and Paul. Get ready for the feels, guys.
Christmas is coming up soon guys!! It's gunna be amazing!!
I love Christmas so much it makes me so happy.
Well, gotta blast.
-Clary