Old Friend

Chapter 9

••••••••••••••••

*Darion's POV*

I wake up to see she is still sleeping. She is just so cute when she sleeps. I prop my self up on my hand to watch her.

Moments later I look over at the clock and it reads 6:30. I get up and make sure not to wake her. I walked downstairs to the fridge to find something for us to eat for breakfast. I gave up searching her cabinets and fridge for food. I left a note and walked to my car to go to McDonald's.

I tap along to the beat of Rap God by Eminem. I soon find myself in the parking lot. I walk in and place our order for two mcgriddle meals with coffee. I sit down and wait for my food.

"Hey Dari" an irritating voice says to me.

"Why are you talking to me" I spit coldly.

"Because I have rights. How you been baby" she says.

"Jasmine..leave me alone and don't call me baby." I say irritated. Jasmine was my ex. We had a very messy break up. I thought I loved her but I couldn't see myself with such an ignorant person like herself.

"Why not?"

"Because I have a new girlfriend now." I say happily. Why is this food taking forever.

"Nobody will treat you better than me." She says.

She walks over to me and wraps her hands around me.

"Jasmine don't-" Before I could finish she pulled me in for a kiss. I didn't kiss her back because I felt nothing but utter disgust for her. I pushed her off of me, not enough to hurt her but enough to let her know to back off.

"Order 223" I hear the lady behind the counter say

"That's me!" I show her my receipt and grab the order and my coffee.

I ride back to Crystal's house in silence.

Crystal couldn't find out about this ....

*Crystal POV*

I wake up and look around and see Darion wasn't any where to be found. I stretch and go to find my clothes. I find I White sweater and black skinny jeans with a white spiked necklace and black flats. I jump in the shower ready to start my day. I put my clothes on and make my journey downstairs. I walk around the counter and see a piece of paper. I pick it up and read it.

Hey Babe,

   I went to go get us some breakfast. I should be back soon.

Love you

-Darion

He is so sweet and thoughtful. I take my phone out and call Kimi to tell her I'll be by her place around 8 and that she should eat. I turn on Pandora and start turning up to a Drake song. A few moment later I hear the doorbell ring. I answer it letting Darion in.

"GoodMorning!" I say

"Morning"

"What did you get?"

"Mcgriddle meal and coffee"

"Ohh my fav!" I say I take the bag and get out my McGriddle and hashbrown. I start eating it, looking over at Darion.

"What's wrong hun?"

"Nothing just tired I guess." He says quickly. I see something flash in his eyes and I can tell he is hiding something. I won't pressure the situation now, but later I will.

"Oh alright...Well I have to go get Kimi so you heading out or staying here?"

"I'm going to head out so I can get ready for school."

"Oh...okay.." I say confused.

He leaves first then I follow,locking the door behind us. I set my coffee in the cupholder of my car and I turn it on. The radio is on WGCI and Ain't worried bout nothing blasting through my speakers. I turned down Kimi's street and text her to tell her I'm outside. We ride to school in silence.

When we got to school it was 8:05. We exchange goodbyes and I walk to my locker, still confused about this morning. I unlock my locker, grab my books and walk to Keisha locker.

"Hey Keishaaa!"

"Hey Girl What's up?" She says ready for a conversation.

"Nothing girl. Oh yes I go with Darion"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!?"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Yes Keisha"

"Omg, that fine tall boy?"

"Yesssss!"

"Omg your so lucky!"

"I know right. I forgot something in my locker"

"Right Bye!"

I walk to my locker and I see Darion talking to his best friend Tyler.

"Should I tell her" Darion says.

"Yes man I think you should." Tyler says.

"Hey guys!" I say as I walk over to them.

"Hey Crystal. . well I have to go to my locker bye y'all ."

"Bye"

"Darion what was wrong with you this morning?"

"Nothing Babe.." He says as he pulls me into him. I instinctively slump into his body.

"Are you sure?" I ask curiously

"Positive" He gives me a peck and goes to his locker.

I just can't shake the feeling he is hiding something from me. I go to class pondering what it could be.