Chapter 2

"Sam!" Dean marched into the coffee house without a care in the world how much attention he was drawing to himself, Sam's gaze flickering up from talking to a customer to instead fixate on Dean as he stormed in, but he was too oblivious to his brother's grief to properly sympathize.

        "Your brother.. is a noisy one." The golden-haired male in the front of the line muttered towards Sam, who softly laughed and redirected his gaze back towards the customer who was speaking to him; admirable glistening clearly in his hazel eyes before raising a hand to playfully yet delicately run his slender fingers over his lightly flushed cheek.

Finally making it to the front of the line, Dean shoved the blonde haired boy out of the way, earning a loud yelp of surprise from him before Sam also moved back from leaning over the counter so much to bewilderedly stare towards Dean.

        "Dean- come on.. be careful with Gabriel." Sam glared at Dean but suddenly fell silent, watching his older brother stare at Sam with anger and a sense of mourning. "...Hmm... Dean, I can take a small break now, come with me to the back." Sam quietly murmured while beckoning an employee to take his place. The golden-haired male stared rather dryly towards Dean before softly huffing and looking up at Sam. 

         "I'll see you later Sammy~" He simply goodbye-d before spinning himself around on his heels and rather gloomily stalking out of the coffee shop. It wasn't any surprise that Gabriel had only been there for Sam. 

         Sam and Dean walked to the back of the freezer room and turned to Dean his arms crossed and his eyes still sparkling with frustration.

        "First- before establishing your frustrations, why did you push Gabriel out of the way?... We were... conversating." Sam murmured through a low and short sigh of embarrassment. 'Friends' is what he labeled himself and Gabriel, but they had cuddled one too many times for Sam to just ignore the warm glow of affection he felt around Gabriel. 

"He was flirting with you. Even I could tell from afar, did you see how close you were leaning over the counter to talk to him?" Dean pointed out, but Sam blew it off with a loud laugh of denial and a shake of his head, responding with a simple 'no' before he gestured his head upwards lightly. 

"What's up?" He asked. 

"Bobby concluded closing down the shop. He said he'd known for a while that it was time but he was putting it off. As of now, probably since he'll sign papers soon.. I'm jobless." Dean mumbled while dramatically rolling his eyes, but Sam seemed rather relieved by what he had just been told. "So... I came by-- actually to ask for a job."

"Yeah, I was going to offer you one anyway... I had two employees quit.. some kind of relationship issue between them." Sam murmured towards Dean, welcomingly opening his arms to try and initiate a hug between him and his brother, but Dean shook his head and amusedly chuckled before further denying it by crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm not sappy like you are." Dean teased, Sam's hand raising to gently slap his shoulder before parting his lips to speak again.

"I'll gladly help you move out of the shop too, I know I'm not familiar with cars as you are but I can help transfer everything to Bobby's place. You can start whatever day you end up... finishing at Bobby's." Sam kindly added, Dean's eyes narrowing slightly for a few moments, he was always reluctant to accept help but this time he didn't mind, quickly nodding and muttering out a 'thanks.'

It was time for a new beginning-- it seemed almost like an unfortunate one. 

 time skip three days

"That's the last box, Sam, thanks for helping," Dean grunted as he set the box down on the ground of Bobby's large home garage, feeling rather numb about everything. He was sure he'd feel sad later though.

I'm not letting Gabriel flirt with you when I'm around, by the way... at my job at your place." Dean quietly informed with annoyance tinging his words.

"Dean come on, he's gay." Dean stopped and looked at Sam. 

"Wait.., I thought you said you were friends?" Sam sighed and put his hand on his head and ran his fingers through his hair as if searching for the right words without jeopardizing how he felt for Gabriel. "Yes we're only friends. But, Dean he's liked me for a while, you can't expect me not to be flattered and flirt a little back... It's only human nature..." 

"Sam come on!" Dean groaned. "We've been over this! Don't flirt unless you're going to date the person!" Dean waved his hand at him frantically. Sam rolled his eyes. "Says the guy who has a woman.. or man every other night. Don't lecture me about commitment, Dean." Sam walked to his car laughing the entire way due to the horrified yet spiteful scowl that Dean wore upon his face, the addition of 'man' to his brother's small scolding flustering him beyond belief.

Dean yelled down the street after his brother who was somehow already close to his car, victoriously grinning from the state he'd caught Dean in. "This conversation isn't over!"

Opening his eyes as sunlight beamed through the curtains, Dean realized it was time he started his new job, but he dreaded all the people and the new environment, closing down a shop so dear to him was fresh in his vulnerable emotions. "No.." He groaned as he thought of the long day ahead. He forced himself out of bed, his feet hitting the cold floor, his body shuddered. He got ready to go to his new job, his heart twisted with sadness as he knew he wasn't going to work on cars. He sighed, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "Ughhh.." He groaned again.

 Sitting down to drink coffee and eat breakfast, Dean couldn't help his own twisted anxiety from clouding his mind, but got dressed anyway and headed to his new job at his brother's shop, this was a new experience, but for some reason, he wasn't disappointed, he was excited...

And a little nervous.