Chapter 38

"Amy could you assist me with making the drinks?" Morgan asked me from behind the bar counter. "Seth has gone on break, I don't see Kyan anywhere and everything is just piling up on me right now."

"Sure," I said as I placed the now empty tray on the counter and making my way around it to the bar section.

"I don't know what happened tonight but somehow I'm the only one here preparing drinks." Morgan complained.

"Don't worry, now you've got help." I said to her.

"And I'm so grateful for that. I'm supposed to send drinks over to Mr.Cavelli and Mr.Ackles table so I have to do theirs first. Could you make two Italian apple martini's?"

"Sure." I nodded before looking around to see if I could spot them. "Lucas is here?"

"Yeah, he's actually in more often recently. It is a bit surprising." Morgan told me.

"Really? Didn't they used to come here often since it's actually the main club their members hang out?" I asked as I went about grabbing the ingredients for the Italian apple martini.

Some Amaretto Di Saronno liqueur, DeKuyper Sour Apple Pucker schnapps, lime juice, Stoli, Vanilla vodka and cranberry juice.

"Well, technically all the others and lower ranking guys would usually hang out here. As for Mr, Cavelli and Mr.Ackles they usually don't seem to have the time to hang out here much." Morgan told me. "It's like I said, recently they've been here often."

" Oh, well maybe they've been busy or mostly at the other one." I said as I
poured all the ingredients into iced shaker tin, and started shaking it.

"They have another club? I guess that's expected." Morgan nodded.

I kept looking around until I finally saw Lucas sitting at the table with Gio and Carter. I continuted shaking the shaker until the tin was cold to the touch, then I strained the liquid into martini glasses, garnish them with lime wheel, and then placed them on a tray that Nia- one of the waitresses- came for to serve.

"So how long have you been working here Morgan?" I asked her after adverting my eyes from Lucas's direction and getting new ingredients for another order of drinks.

"I've been here over a year now. And I actually love being here, it's better than anything else I could have done." Morgan told me.

"Oh." I replied as I glanced in Lucas's direction once again.

He, Gio and Carter seemed to be in a deep conversation that I wondered what type of business could it be that they are discussing. Though that wasn't really any of my concern. As I watched Lucas from the distance, I couldn't help wondering how his wound was healing. It had been a few days since he had gotten stabbed and me helping to clean, dress and bandage his wound. It must be healing quite well though.

"Alright, I don't know if I'm crazy or what but what is that all about?" Morgan suddenly asked me.

"What's what all about?" I asked confused looking at her.

"You and the boss." Morgan replied.

"What? What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"You think I don't notice? You're eyeing him when he isn't looking and then I swear I see him looking your way every time you aren't looking either." Morgan responded.

"Uh... What? No way. I don't know what you're talking about." I said to her as I turned to finish with the drinks.

"You so do. Wait a minute, you like him dont you? You blushed." Morgan gasped like an excited teen hearing the latest gossip. "Wait, is there something going on between you too?"