nineteen

Grace

I stand in front of the bedroom door, deciding whether or not I should go in. I know that Louis is going through a hard time right now, but he can't stay like this.

I raise my hand and knock lightly. "Louis." Just as I expected, I get no answer. "Louis, you can't be in denial forever."

The door opens and I'm met with a man who looks nothing like the one I married. His eyes are red and puffy, his face is stained with tears, there's dark circles under his eyes. "I refuse to believe it, Grace."

"I'm sorry that you feel that way, but you have to."

"I can't. She was my best friend, I can't lose her. What about the younger kids? Dan can't take care of them all alone. Lottie's old enough to help, but she has a life of her own with her boyfriend. Emma has a different mother, but thought of mine as her own. Fizzy could help out but I'm sure she can't always be there..." He just keeps going on and I walk him over to sit on the bed.

"Listen to me." I turn his face to look at me and continue. "They will all be fine. Dan won't be alone. I'm sure that everyone will help out and make sure that everything's okay. We can go over there anytime to help out. You will be okay."

"No I won't, I need her. She was my best friend, and now she's gone."

"Think of it this way: she's in a better place."

"Don't give me that." He sighs and stares at the wall. "The best place for her to be is at home with her family. Not gone. Even she knows that, she loves her family."

"She's not sick anymore, and she's only physically gone. She's not gone from your mind or your heart. You have so many memories of her, and you should remember her in all the good ways you know. Remember the good times you had with her, and how happy you used to make each other. Don't take it out on yourself because she's not here."

"But-"

"Don't argue with me, Louis. You know I'm right. You may be her son but you are also a husband, father, and amazing human being. You need to take care of yourself so you can stick around. Losing her hurt me, but I know that losing you would hurt a million times worse. I promise that you will get through this, and I'll be with you the whole time."

//

just a short (and sad) update since I had a little time. Rest In Peace Jay