Lottle

***Phil's POV****

"Lay it on me, Phil."

Pj and I are walking down alongside the street. It's spring time, and the weather is taking advantage. The sun is always out, and the air is always warm.

"Pj... I called Lucy last night. I know it was dumb, but I needed to hear her admit she was lying. About everything. But Dan heard me, and now things are really awkward. He's mad, but he's still acting like my best friend."

I look at Pj, waiting for a response.

"Well, yeah I get why you did that Phil, but yes it was a little dumb." He kicks a can that was on the road, "Okay, it was a lottle dumb."

"Lottle?"

"It's like a little, but a lot."

"Oh..." I look down at my feet, thinking.

"I have a feeling that's not all you wanted to tell me, Phil," Pj says, looking ahead, down the road.

Now. Tell him everything, now.

I feel a tear drip down my cheek but quickly wipe it off.

"Pj, I think that-," i pause, afraid to continue. I stop walking, and Pj does the same. He rests his hand on my shoulder.

Now, Phil. Spill.

"I think I'm in love with Dan, Peej. I just, I'm sorry-," I sit down on the curb and cover my head with my hands. I can feel my eyes watering.

Pj sits down beside me. "Why don't you tell me something I don't know."

"What? You knew?" I look up at Pj, not caring about my red face and eyes.

"Of course. I just wanted you to say it yourself."

"How?" I ask, completely bewildered. 

"I'm like an owl, Phil. Omniscient. All knowing." He runs his fingers through his dark hair, "Plus, It's obvious. I think Dan's the only one who doesn't see it."

Or he refuses to see it. I think back to all the times I gave him hints, and I thought he didn't catch them. Is he lying to himself?

Why not? I am.

"Pj," I look at his shoes, "what do I do?"

He puts his hand on my back and draws small circles.

"Tell him, Phil. If he's really your best friend, he'll listen."

**

**

**

****Dan's POV****

Lucy and I are at the town park, walking along the trail.

I'm holding her hand, but my hand's starting to get sweaty.

"This weather is beautiful, huh Lucy?"

"Yeah, it really is. It's nice."

"Nice? It's amazing!"

"Well, we see this stuff everyday. The weather doesn't change much..." I think she keeps talking, but I zone out.

Maybe I was too harsh on Phil. He looked really hurt. But, he crossed the line. Right?
You would think Lucy would be more upset. She's never upset when I mention Phil. Just annoyed.

I look at Lucy's face, her features. She has medium length golden blonde hair. She's wearing pink lipstick, and mascara. She has dark, brown eyes that never change emotion. Her eyebrows are round, and a darker tint than her hair. She's really skinny, and she's proud of it. She's always wearing skinny jeans and fitted blouses.

Why do I like her?
Because she's a girl?
Because I'm supposed to like her?

That's not very romantic.

"Dan? Hello? You there?"

"What?" I was probably staring off.

"Did you hear anything I just said, Dan?'

"Uh, sorry Lucy I guess I just zoned out-"

"And why are your hands so sweaty?" She pulls out of my grip. "I have to go to work, Dan. Take a nap or something, geez."

Then she walks off, leaving me alone in the park.

Some Date.

I sit down on a nearby bench.

All of this is so wrong.
I finally get a girlfriend who likes me a lot, and yet I'm still not happy.

Think Dan. What do you want?

What do I want?

Phil.

I want Phil.

"Shut up, Dan," I say to myself. "You don't want Phil. You don't want Phil."

Lol yes you do.

I bolt upright and start walking home. This is ridiculous. Phil doesn't feel that way about me. He never will. 

******************************************************************************************************************************

Hi :) thx so much for almost 300 reads guys!!! <3

It means SO MUCH :)

I MIGHT update tonight if I get a really good idea for the next chapter, but for sure tomorrow :3

How do you like the story so far? The characters?

Pls comment, like, vote, and all that jazz (you know the drill xD)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo till next time c: