Normal Is Boring

***Dan's POV***

I'm at our front door. Phil is behind this door.

I can do this.

I unlock the door and let myself in.

"Phil! Are you here?"

I guess he went somewhere. I get a towel and head to the shower. I'm sure he'll be home soon.

****Phil's POV****

"Well, Pj. This is my stop. Thanks, for everything."

"No problem, buddy," he says turning around to leave.

"Are you sure I should tell him?" I ask before he's off the porch.

"I'm not really sure of anything, Phil. But I think it's about time he knows."

Alright. I can do this.

I look at the door.

Dan's behind this door. I can do this.

I let myself in and look for Dan.

"Dan? Are you here?"

I hear the water running from the bathroom. He must be taking a shower.

I go to my room and take off my shoes. I sit on my bed and rub my eyes.

Today's the day I tell him. What's the worst that could happen?

I could lose my best friend.

I ruffle my hair grumbling, "good thoughts Phil, good thoughts," to myself.

I hear the water stop. I stand up and start pacing back and forth in my room.

He has to change, and dry, and I can't just pounce on him when he comes out. I have to take it easy.

I hear the bathroom door open, and his footsteps going towards the kitchen.

Alright, I got this.

I check my hair in the mirror and head to the kitchen. When I get there, Dan is leaning against the fridge, staring at the floor.

He always does that, zones off.

"Dan?"

He flinches and turns to look at me, "Phil, you're home. Where'd you go?" He props himself on the fridge with his elbow, showing the muscles he's starting to develop.

"I was with Pj," I say still standing at the entrance of the kitchen. We both just kind of look around awkwardly for a minute.

"Phil,"

"Dan,"

We say simultaneously.

We both smile, "You go first," Dan tells me.

Oh boy.

"Can we sit down?" I figure it might be easier to say, sitting.

We both sit at the table, facing each other.

He looks worried. Probably because I look like I'm gonna hurl.

"Phil? You okay?"

"I need to tell you something, Dan." I force myself to look into his eyes.

"Okay..." he leans forward onto the table with his elbows.

"I... I think that I-," I pause, "I'm-," I pause again.

It's now, or never.

"Dan, I think I'm in love with you."

I hope he heard me. I'm not saying that again.

I make myself look into Dan's eyes. He looks confused, shocked.

A few seconds pass.

"Well?" I say, moving my head towards him.

He looks at his hands, "Phil, I-I-," then he loses it.

Dan starts sobbing into his hands, and covering his face from me.

What have I done?

I quickly get up and crouch by his chair. "Dan, why are you crying?" I don't think I've ever seen him this upset. And of course, It's because of me that he's like this.

"Dan, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Everything was normal, but I ruined it. I ruined everything again." I can feel tears running down my face, but I don't care. I need Dan to stop crying.,

Then, Dan keeps one hand on his face and grabs my hand with the other, tight.

He uses his free hand too wipe off his tears, and keeps a tight grip on mine.

Dan lifts up his face and looks into my eyes, into my soul, still squeezing my hand. His face is about 5 inches from mine. Even with with tears and the redness on his cheeks, he's beautiful.

He keeps his eyes locked on mine and whispers, "Normal is boring, Phil."

What? This doesn't make sense.

I stand up from my crouched position, still being held firmly by Dan's hand, when he does something incredible.

Dan uses his free hand to grab the back of my neck, and he pulls me in a good 5 inches, and kisses me. He uses enough force that I need to grab his shoulder to brace myself from falling on top of him,  but not so much that I can't feel his soft lips press against mine.

I'm leaning down, towering over him in a chair, which is ironic because he's much taller than me.

Dan doesn't let go of my neck, not that he needs to, but he releases my hand and grabs my waist.

I can feel the tears streaming down his face, brushing against my lips.

He's still crying.

After a minute, Dan let's go of me and backs away from my face, to where all we can see is each other's eyes, staring back at one another.

His beautiful, puffy, chocolate brown eyes against my sky blue ones.

Brown on Blue.

I owe you, big time Pj.

***************************************************************************************************************************

HI c: Whale, I wrote this between 3 am and 4 am xD

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!

Anyways, How do you like the Phan in here???

<3 pls comment, vote, like and all that ? ^-^

TYSM for like 364 READS!! It means SO SO SO much!

Comment if you want more phan action? cx

till next time, xoxoxoxoxoxo