90%

****PJ'S POV***

Chris and I are speeding into the hospital. I told him about Dan, and he's really nervous. I can tell because he's barely saying anything.

I'm holding shoes that I picked up for Phil from his flat.

We make it to the hallway, and the first thing I see is Phil. He's standing up against the wall of Dan's room. He's staring at the wall across from him. Even from down the hall, I can see that his face is paler than usual, his eyes are wider.

Chris sees too, because he starts jogging toward Phil, with me close behind.

"Phil, what happened?" I ask, quickly.

He turns his head towards me and Chris. I can see his lips trying to move, but failing every time.

"Phil?" Chris whispers, leaning towards him.

Phil shakes his head side to side fast, and then he covers his whole face with his hands.

I look at Chris, and he looks back at me, just as confused and scared.

I look down the hall and see a doctor walking down the hall our way.

When she gets here, she stares at Phil with sorrow.

She turns to Chris and I, "I'm sorry. Dan-"

"Is he okay?" Chris interrupts.

She sighs, "For now. His lung collapsed," she pauses, "but we were able to stabilize it again."

I breathe in relief, and Phil takes his hands off his face, slowly, waiting for more information.

The doctor continues, "But that didn't explain the convulsions he had not too long ago, so we put him through a MRI scanner," she loosens her shoulders, and I know something went wrong.

"What did you find?" I ask, hastily.

She looks into my eyes, and I can feel her sadness take over the entire hospital. "When the accident happened, Dan was hit on the head. Hard. Too hard." I can see her eyes get wet, "We found signs of dramatic brain trauma."

I can hear Phil lose his breath.

"That explains why he hasn't woken up," The doctor says, "We're going to perform brain surgery, most likely today-"

"Will he wake up afterwards?" Chris asks.

"Yes, if all goes well in operation," she gulps, "But, there's a 90% chance Dan will lose his memory after he wakes up."