Some Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape

***Dan's POV***

I'm practically running home. I don't know what I'm going to tell Phil, but I need to talk to him.

I didn't believe him.

I practically ditched him for Lucy, and he still cared about me.

I can see our flat.

I'll apologize.
That's what I need to do.

I'm at the door, now.

I stop to catch my breath.

When I begin to breath normally I open the door and walk in.

Where is he?

I walk around the flat, looking for him. It's the same flat that I've lived in for years, but today it looks different. It looks... brighter.

"Phil?" I call, now walking into the kitchen.

He's probably in his room. I run upstairs and open his door.

When I open it, I see him. He's sitting against the head of his bed, with his headphones in his ears. His eyes are closed, but he's not sleeping.

Phil can't sleep with music playing.

I walk over to him and nudge his shoulder.

"Phil?"

He opens his eyes immediately. When he sees me he takes out his headphones.

"Dan-"

"Phil, I'm sorry," I blurt out. I'm standing on the side of his bed. "I'm so sorry."

I sit down on his computer chair and wait for him to respond.

But he doesn't. He just stares at me, past me. He looks confused. "Phil? Did you hear me?" I ask after a minute.

"For what?" he mumbles.

"What?"

"For what?" he says, louder. He tilts his head to the side. "What are you sorry for?"

"Everything." I try to sound as heartfelt as possible. "I'm sorry for everything, Phil."

He doesn't reply so I continue.

"I'm sorry for not believing you. I'm sorry for ignoring you earlier." Phil looks completely out of it. His blue eyes seem less bright. His hair seems dull.

"No. That's not what you're sorry about," he says, coldly.

"Yes, it is Phil." He crosses his legs and holds his feet. "I should've believed you when you-"

He interrupts, "You're sorry for kissing me last night."

No.

"No," I start, "That's not-"

"Please, Dan. Just stop," I see a tear trail down Phil's nose. "Stop hurting me. Please." He looks away from me.

This wasn't what was supposed to happen.

"Phil. Phil, just hear me out."

"I told you how I felt. I told you, Dan. Then you kissed me. You looked into my eyes," he pauses, breathes. "You looked me in the eyes and kissed me. Why? Because you felt sorry for me?" he wipes off his cheeks and looks back at me. "And then you ignore me, and go see Lucy? Do you realize how much you hurt me, Dan?"

This wasn't supposed to happen.

"Phil..." I look down at my shoes.

"Please," he stands up and leaves the room.

Follow him. Don't let him go. Not this time.

I get up and run after him. I follow him down the stairs, into the living room.

"Phil. Phil, please listen to me. I'm sorry. Please stop walking away from me."

"Why shouldn't I?" he turns around and looks up into my eyes. He's so upset. Because of me. "Tell me, Dan. Why shouldn't I walk away? That's what you do with your problems." His lips are trembling.

"But, Phil I-"

"Get out."

"Just listen to me."

"No. I'm done listening," he says, more to himself than to me. "Get out, Dan. Just leave."

Now his whole body is trembling.

I can't do this.

"Fine," I say harshly. "I'll go." I turn around and storm out the flat, slamming the door.

I try to fix things and he chooses today to kick me out.

Why do I always screw everything up? Phil was constantly there for me, and I took him for granted.

Phil is special.

It's dark outside and my thoughts are running around my brain so rapidly, I'm not even paying attention to where I'm walking.

I can't just give up.

Phil is right. I really do just walk away from my problems. Just like I'm doing now.

Even if he won't forgive me, I can't give up anymore.

I stop walking and I start turning towards the house, when I realize I'm on the road.

And before I can think, there are two bright, yellow headlights coming towards me.

Fast.

****************************************************************************************************************************

hiiiiii :3

CLIFFHANGER xD
Don't hurt me /.\

Tysm if you're reading this c:

pls comment, vote, like and all that cx

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo