Chapter 1: First day

"Bye sweetie, have a good day, I love you!" My mom told me as I stepped out of the car.
"Bye mom, I love you too." I said to her as I smiled at her sweetly. I guess it was time yet again to put on my not so sweet, bitchy attitude. Today was my first day back at school and was also my 18th Birthday. I was excited to be starting back at school because I was in love with all my classes. The only thing I wasn't keen on was the horrible reputation I have managed to get myself a few years ago when I went through my 'rebel' phase. "Hey babe!" My best friend, Kira said to me as I walked up to her. "Hey Kira." I said to her, turning on my fake inner bitch mode. She quickly snapped my timetable from my hand and compared it to her own. "Yes bitch, every class the same!" I rolled my eyes at her and smiled as we went to find our group of friends.

The whole day dragged until it was time for my math class. Math was the main subject I excelled at. I had to be sneaky about my work though. The popular girls aren't supposed to understand a lot of the academic lessons we have, the only thing I'm allowed to be good at is PE as a way of keeping my stick figure.

"Hey Jasmine!" My best friend yelled at me as I came out of my phycology room. Shit. I wasn't in the mood for chatting, I ran straight for the storage cupboard in hope to avoid her. I watched her through the slight gap in the door. Please leave. Please leave. Please leave.
I waited to see her confusion as to where I had gone, until finally her short attention span made her shrug her shoulders and leave. Phew. I let out a sigh and walked out of the small box room. I quickly shuffled out of the door, turning round to shut it behind me. I felt a sharp point instantly dig into my back and a body slam into me. "Shit." I heard a slight whisper. I turned round to see someone maybe in their early 30's with coffee spilt all over his crisp white shirt and black tie. He had a few folders and a lot of loose papers that had by now fallen to the floor. I've never heard a teacher swear in front of a student before...
I gasped at the mess I'd created, I immediately knelt to the floor to help gather the loose paper.
"I'm so sorry, Sir." I rushed.
"Don't worry about it, shit happens." He told me. I noticed he wasn't helping to pick up his own papers. He seemed to be watching me?
"Wow, I've never heard a teacher talk like that." I smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
"Yeah well I could tell you a lot of things about me that you wouldn't expect from any teacher." He told me, I laughed, still picking up his papers, just as I looked up at him to hand them to him, I noticed his shark-like eyes staring at me. He stood up, still staring, he held his work in one hand and held his other hand out for me to take. I noticed a small tattoo poking out from his shirt sleeve, I stared at it for a second as he helped me off the ground. "It was nice meeting you, Miss Cross." He smirked.
"You too, Mr..."
"Iero. Frank. Iero." He told me,holding his hand out for me to shake it. The look he gave me sent a shiver down my entire body. There was something different about him, something intriguing - And I had to find out what it was.