Chapter 26: Moving Out.

As we walked up my old driveway, I felt myself already beginning to shake. Shit, I couldn't imagine what they must think of me. Their only daughter has gone off the rails, turns eighteen and falls in love with her math teacher, who has now gotten her pregnant. Nice, classy.

I knocked the door as it didn't feel right using my key.
We waited
And waited
And waited...

I finally heard a key slide in the door and someone on the other side unlock it. "Hi Mom..." I whispered, I was so scared. "Jasmine... I didn't think we'd see you again!" She sounded relieved, but still distant. "I suppose you two better come in." She let us in and sat us down in the living room. "Where's Dad?" I asked, trying to look into the kitchen, searching for the man who made me homeless. "He's not here, we should talk before he comes home ranting and raving. So tell me. This 'baby' of yours. Is it true? Are you really pregnant?" She hesitated. I moved my arms away from my stomach and pulled my jacket away, showing my baby bump. My Mother let out a loud gasp, I could see the tears stinging her eyes already. "Oh Jas..." She whispered. "It's him isn't it. It's his!" She said with such venom in her voice, it's a tone I wasn't used to with my mother. "Yes, Mom. It's Franks." I saw her cringe as I said his name.

"If I may chip in, Mrs Cross, I went to pay Iero a visit after Jas told me, he offered me a lot of money in order to keep it a secret, I know he isn't ideal and he's been really shitty ever since they met, but I do now genuinely believe that he loves your daughter." Kira spoke up, I smiled back at her and thanked her for helping the situation. "Jasmine, you're 18 years old. I can't stop you living your life the way you want to. I just wish this!" She gestured to my bump, "could've waited a few more years." Just as she finished talking, I heard the front door open, and in walked my Father. Fuck.

"So you're back are you? I knew he'd get rid of you the second someone else came along." He laughed and walked back out of the room. "Actually, Dad. I love Frank, and he loves me. I came back to clear the air and get my stuff. Even if he did decide to dump me, you really think I'd come back here?! You must be batshit crazy." I stood up and stormed upstairs, pulling Kira behind me. I pulled one suitcase from under my bed and another from on top of wardrobe, this would fit everything I need. I'm only packing absolute essentials, a few clothes, underwear, electrics, my first scan picture etc. This is it, I always knew I'd be moving out of my parents house soon after turning eighteen, but I never imagined I'd be doing it like this.

Thinking about it, Frank really had changed since we properly decided to give us another go. He's been so loving, so romantic, so sexual but finally not in a dominating way, it was great, I loved it. I loved him. I love him. I thought back to what I said earlier, I love Frank and Frank loves me. He hadn't actually got round to telling me he loves me... I guess he's an 'actions speak louder than words' kind of guy. I hope...